CAAD 12 build - parts missing

LeeDa
LeeDa Posts: 82
edited February 2017 in Workshop
Does anyone know what part I need for the rear gear cable stop thta sits in the frame. The frame didnt come with one and the only place I see it called out is in the below diagram. However it calls out KP193 which is a brake cable stop not gear stop. I'm pretty sure i have one KP193 from my CAAD 10 but it doesnt fit the hole.

http://www.cannondale-parts.de/WebRoot/ ... Caad12.pdf

Comments

• strangely enough I too am building a CAAD12 frameset, it is the KP193 part you need, it should have been in the bag with the headset, if not you will have to order one, sigmasports will get you one, qwerty cycles will also do.

without it you can not put the rear derailleur cable in
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    If this is a new frame why not contact the dealer you bought it from to supply the missing part?
  • LeeDa
    edited February 2017
    Jms123 wrote:
    strangely enough I too am building a CAAD12 frameset, it is the KP193 part you need, it should have been in the bag with the headset, if not you will have to order one, sigmasports will get you one, qwerty cycles will also do.

without it you can not put the rear derailleur cable in

Bizarrely though I have a KP193 (I think), both on a Supersix and a CAAD10 but used for the rear brake cable outlets. I've tried them from both framesets and they definitely do not fit the CAAD12 - the diameter is too wide for the hole. The Supersix diagram shows KP193 located at the rear brake outlet and even the CAAD12 diagram calls it out as a 'kit brake guide'. I know I can get them from Cannondale-spares but not so convinced they will be any different from what I have. They measured one there and the diameter comes in at 6.97mm - same as the ones I have. Also I checked the gear cable ferrules and they don't fit into KP193 (mine at least). Pretty sure the cable isn't meant to go naked into the KP193 as it wobbles around.

The hole in my CAAD12 frame which is meant to take the KP193 measures 6mm.

Here's the evo frameset diagram showing KP193 located in the rear brake cable outlet.
    http://www.cannondalespares.com/Supersi ... persix-evo

Completely puzzled.
  • LeeDa
    If this is a new frame why not contact the dealer you bought it from to supply the missing part?

Because theyre in the U.S. and would prefer to just get something in the UK rather than wait, if possible.
  • very odd as mine fitted ok
  • LeeDa
    Jms123 wrote:
    very odd as mine fitted ok

Its a KP302 thats required. Surprisingly Cannondales diagram is wrong. All sorted and built up. Rides great.
  • LeeDa wrote:
    Jms123 wrote:

Its a KP302 thats required. Surprisingly Cannondales diagram is wrong. All sorted and built up. Rides great.

Would you mind sharing your build list? I've just ordered the same frame for a winter bike and can't decide what to hang off it. Especially interested in what route you went with for bb and crankset?
  • LeeDa
    LeeDa wrote:
    Jms123 wrote:

Would you mind sharing your build list? I've just ordered the same frame for a winter bike and can't decide what to hang off it. Especially interested in what route you went with for bb and crankset?

Sure,
    54 frame
    Force 22 front mech, shifters, brakes
    Red 22 rear mech and chain
    Quarq Elsa R (had to remove the non-drive side 5mm spacer for BB30a
    Deda zero 100 stem
    Deda RHM01 bar (heavy)
    Cannondale c2 seatpost (heavy)
    Spesh Power saddle - not so light
    Shimano dura ace pedals
    Dura ace c24 wheelset with 23mm Schwalbe Ones (it will have the old Zondas chucked back on for commuting)
    7.3kg

Being a SRAM guy I'd go Force or Rival for a winter bike depending on how wintry it is.
    If a crank fits BB30 it should fit the CAAD12 (BB30a) as long as there is a minumum of 5mm spacers that can be removed from the non drive side to allow for the wider bb30a shell width. ROTOR for example would need swapping out of the 11mm spacer for a 5mm or 6mm spacer. As a general guide if the BB30 crankset doesnt need spacers as part of a typical BB30 install then it probably wont fit. I dont know about adapters for typical Shimano cranks but I think they exist for BB30a - dont quote me though!