Elite Arion Parabolic Rollers

ExCyclist
ExCyclist Posts: 336
edited September 2017 in Workshop
Hello all

Today I was using my rollers for a session when the front roller just sort of 'exploded' into a stack of pieces. There was no warning or weird sounds or lack of spin on the roller but it went off with a bang and is in around 4/5 pieces.

Has anyone experienced any problems with their Elite rollers in the past? This is such a shame as they've been decent rollers and I'd hate to just have to throw them out due to this one roller exploding.

I'll put up a pic.

Thanks

D.

IMG_20170225_163427_zpsmiutkglp.jpg

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Wow. That is pretty catastrophic. I had considered swapping my tacx Antares for some Elite ones as well
  • Wow. That is pretty catastrophic. I had considered swapping my tacx Antares for some Elite ones as well

Yeah I nearly crapped myself when it went off. I just can't fathom it out....was working perfectly well and there wasn't any sign of failure on the roller.

I've actually just found another piece - up on top of the kitchen cupboard :shock:

I've now emailed Madison to see if they can recommend a way to get this replaced.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I think you can buy replacement individual
    Rollers so long as the rest of the machine is fine.
  • Hello, I am a lightweight female cyclist and I had the Arion elite cylinder crack underneath me....I found your post when doing a search to see if anyone else had experienced this.
    Did you find a way to contact the company and order a replacement? I ordered mine on Amazon more than a year ago and I can't find any contact information for Arion directly. Obviously the red, plastic tubes have a problem and they were not cheap!!!
    I assumed other than replacing the belts they would last me a lifetime, I'm so disappointed!
    Thanks for any Help!