Cycling jersey fit?

Moonbiker
Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
High can anyone recommend some budget jerseys that are long in the body and kind of race fit?

I have trouble finding any if I get them race fit they are too short & the back esp on the drops, if they are longer enough at the back the are baggy & wide like a tent round waist etc.

Im 42" chest 32" waist.

This might be cause I only but cheapo ones under £20.

I must have longer than average torso I reckon.

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    dhb aeron ? £44 over budget?.. because what you want and want to spend £20 .. unless in a flash sale, is not going to happen.
    The Aeron jersey someone moaned that it is too short at the front which is a dead giveaway for race cut... you cant ride sit up and beg going for a loaf of bread basically which is probably what the rider was doing.. its cut for good flexibility.
    Medium for you will suit.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    As above, you may have to reconsider your budget a little if you want something with a good race fit.

Have a look at Sportful Bodyfit Pro jerseys. Some cheap deals at the moment if you hunt around online. They are a nice snug fit on me and plenty long enough (size Large, 39 chest, 32 waist, 6'4")
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    For some reason, cheaper jerseys are usually pitched at the casual rider, the sort who does 5 miles down a cycle track, and the fit and quality match that type's needs perfectly. Getting a race fit jersey that is any good will cost a bit more than under £20, unless you are very lucky. Decent kit makes a massive difference, and this time of year is usually when the quality counts. Spend more, yer tightwad!
  • drwae
    drwae Posts: 223
    Increase your budget a bit and the adidas supernova rompighiacco jersey is super race fit and comes up quite long in the torso
  • Stolen Goat were doing some of their jerseys for about £30... Good proper fit.