'ning

cafes and laziness shall prevail, together with some shopping

considering mid-morning tapas at cafe two

beware of megalomaniacal dictators
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    I take solace today that most people will be having a better day than Nuttall who seems to be ably leading his party into obscurity.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    The whole world has frozen. Hill walk later.

Paul Nutall; what a c***. Big majority for Tories at next general election.
  • Morning heathens, legs are feeling suprisingly well following a (novice) club run last night. Perhaps I'm not so crap afterall.

The sun is out today and withut jinxing it, forecast to stay out so tomorrows wet ride can be brought forward to this afternoon and if plans go well I might even meet a gaggle of girls for a pint.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,
    Friday means fat food day which is always a welcome start, the debris of Doris is still all over the place as no one can be bothered to clean up down this way. Ive acquired a bucket from somewhere an had a near miss with a tree yesterday afternoon.
    Toss up now between a cold ride tomorrow morning or building a new PC for myself, think we can both guess which is winning out so far.

Onwards to Coffee an awaiting unveiling of the new F1 cars an maybe a spot of job hunting.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Slowmart wrote:
    I take solace today that most people will be having a better day than Nuttall who seems to be ably leading his party into obscurity.

aww shucks
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    Slowmart wrote:

who?

well, whoever it is, they've succeeded :)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Some job hunting today, after having to turn down an offer from the south. Burger lunch, sort out life and critical illness cover so when the Date bumps me off she doesn't have to worry about anything. Pretty sure my mother would pay the house off etc anyway, She totally prefers Date to son.

Pub tonight, may even head over the water and make a night of it, we shall see. Suspect the weather will dictate the outcome. Also need to get the MTB from the other gaff for tomorrow. Better to cycle than run. Suffered cramp this morning, then again my piss would have had the nearest squaddie yelling at me, never mind MF or the sergeant
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Nice bright sunny ride in to work this morning, a bit fresh but not too bad. Then I got here and things took a turn for the worse. Day three of people complaining about the mystery smell, I'm pretty sure it's not me causing it. Sick to death of the constant moaning, but then I am blessed with a poor sense of smell. Lunch will be the traditional Fryday fry up and a diversion to the pub with the Mrs on the way home.
    onwards and upwards...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Just reading some bureaucratic nonsense online, I spotted there was an English version so for a laugh I switched languages, one of the conditions was that you had to be over 16 years of age and not notoriously demented!

I think it's ok to be demented, just don't tell everyone, please :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Slowmart wrote:
    I take solace today that most people will be having a better day than Nuttall, Corbyn and Farron who seem to be ably leading their parties into obscurity.
    FTFY. I will pop a cork of some suitably 'Tory-ish' fizzy drink when I get to where I'm going tomorrow :wink:

Half a day of work to go...countdown is progressing. Just need to watch out for lefties with poison laced rags hanging around Heathrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Daughters car has just set on fire.

"Internet over-the-topping" I hear you say but no, she was at the maternity unit for a scan and MrsHD went to the car to drive round for her and smoke billowed out of the engine bay, next thing two security chaps with a fire extinguisher appeared, popped the bonnet and put out a small electrical fire from some electrics above the rad and fan assembly.

Funnily enough it had been in the garage this week for a new clutch, front shockers and an exhaust part. It's now on its way back to said garage on a tow truck.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    I once had a car catch fire, fortunately I was passing a pub at the time so I had a few drinks and got the bus home. Picked it up the next day and drove it home as it was only the headlight circuit that went. For months afterwards every time I went over a bump a small cloud of fire extinguisher powder would come out of the dash.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    The sun is out today and withut jinxing it, forecast to stay out so tomorrows wet ride can be brought forward to this afternoon and if plans go well I might even meet a gaggle of girls for a pint.

Did their parents say it was okay?

Af'noon

I had a box of aerosol paint in the back of my mini van and one fell out and shorted on the battery behind my seat. It went boom behind me. Luckily, I was just outside the then GF's house and put the fire out and didn't get singed.
    Despite slightly melted battery, the thing went and I drove it home after cleaning all the black off the windows. T\he car always stank after that.
    The fire caused the tax disc holder to shrivel up and the tax disc popped out of the open window. It was preferable to drive with the quarterlights open. As I only just taxed it (in the years before computers), took a long time to get a replacement. I got pulled over coming out of the big scrappie at Peas Pottage. Got very close to being fined for not having road tax when the 7 day ticket expired. Luckily, the 'system' had caught up a few days later.

Gtg.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:

Did their parents say it was okay

The majority are dead so didn't bother rattling any graves.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Did their parents say it was okay

The majority are dead so didn't bother rattling any graves.

Oiuja board?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    more to the point, how did he kill them?
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    more to the point, how did he kill them?

Bored to death.
  • veronese68
    Oh, forfucksake! Not a good week. Just found out a former colleague popped his clogs this week. He was younger than me. Not sure what happened yet. Just had a call from a good friend and work mate to tell me. We'd just been talking about the nonsense we used to get up to, he was one of a group of four of us that would cause all sorts of havoc. Very sad.
    Prior to that had a lovely ride home and a nice drink with the Mrs.
  • pinno
    Not a good week?! Not a good year by the sounds of things.
  • veronese68
    No, been a bit shit in that respect. I was going to buy a suit tomorrow, it's going to get some use by the looks of things.
    Appreciate what you've got and enjoy life.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No, been a bit shoot in that respect. I was going to buy a suit tomorrow, it's going to get some use by the looks of things.

I do. We do. They're upstairs and tucked up in bed sleeping and looking like angels.
    I'd lend you my suit but I think you're a bit lanky. Long black socks might hide the ankles though.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    No, been a bit shoot in that respect. I was going to buy a suit tomorrow, it's going to get some use by the looks of things.
    Indeed, all flesh is grass to quote PG Wodehouse, who come to think of it, probably nicked from someone else.
    Popped in to say hi to all, been a week, but there we go. Having a glass of wine by the stove now after some ales earlier.
    Take care everyone.
    P.s.rode a bike to work this week, for the first time in about 3 months. It was horrible.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    Cheers BBG, Piña and others that comment. Much appreciated.
    The suit is a funny thing. The Mrs said before Christmas I should probably get one as my old jacket is quite tatty and more befitting a me in my twenties. Now I have several occasions that warrant wearing one. One of which is a posh dinner at the RAC club so not all bad.
  • pinno
    One suit does all eh? Better take a trip down to Debenhams :wink:
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Having a glass of wine by the stove now after some ales earlier.

I wish you had told me that before I wrote that post in the other thread :roll: :oops: