Stag Do - Krakow

dinyull
dinyull Posts: 2,979
edited February 2017 in The cake stop
Was thinking, down to their reputation, that this might be better placed in the MTB section. But here's a change to redeem yourselves:

Starting to organise my brother's stag do in Krakow. Never been before and tbh haven't really started to look into anything yet.

So looking for hotel recommendations, as near to the centre of everything if possible. But cheap - getting money out of a load of lads from the north-east of England who usually pay £2 a pint won't be easy!

Bars and nightclubs. I'm quite tame, but some of my brothers mates are fairy lively so will be wanting the whole beer, drugs, brothel hangover experience.

Activities. Brother has heard/read up on a shooting range he's quite keen on, but usual stuff of paint-balling, go-karting, quad biking etc.

And although this probably won't go down well with most of the lads, good places to eat. We're away for 5 days and my drinking abilities aren't what they used to be so will need to be starting (at least) at good restaurants.

Like I said, I've never been so all ideas welcome, no matter how off the wall.

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    How about Hamburg? Off the wall, granted, but you did allow for that!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • dinyull
    Flights for Krakow are booked already.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Dinyull wrote:
    Flights for Krakow are booked already.

Ah.

In that case I can't help with specifics. I won't preach or teach granny how to suck eggs, but it seems like you're taking quite a rowdy bunch along... the police tend not to f*** around, in Poland. So keep an eye on yourself and the stag (he's your responsibility, even more so as he's your brother!)

Just remember that although it's a place popular with northerners for getting wasted (I'm a northerner, I'm allowed to be prejudiced against them!), it doesn't mean that everyone who lives in Krakow is a big fan of that trend...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    We had a company organise my cousins, I forget who but they can't be hard to find. We had the most stunning guide who took us to all the shooting and karting type places before getting us very drunk and then taking us to the...Ahem...Other clubs. There are no shortage of that last, some much more permissive than others.

Ben is right in his last paragraph and to be fair I can see why we re no longer that popular. I'd also advise you not to use a bank card anywhere except an ATM as a few of us got scammed.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I asked the Missis who went to Uni in Krakow but things have changed in the last 10 years so no luck I'm afraid.

It's the thought that counts though. Your welcome.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Ben6899 wrote:
    it seems like you're taking quite a rowdy bunch along... the police tend not to f*** around, in Poland. So keep an eye on yourself and the stag (he's your responsibility, even more so as he's your brother!)

This.
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Just remember that although it's a place popular with northerners for getting wasted (I'm a northerner, I'm allowed to be prejudiced against them!), it doesn't mean that everyone who lives in Krakow is a big fan of that trend...

And that.
  • For bars and beers check out RateBeer.com The brew scene in Poland is getting better by the year, and where there is good beer there tends to be good eats, and maybe places to stay.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • dinyull
    Cheers. Any other input welcome.

I'll look into guides.

Brother is pretty sensible too, just one or 2 of his mates who are a bit out there. But yes, I owe him big time for my stag do so will be keeping a close eye on him.