thursday can be neatly folded

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

our own correspondent tells of slight breezes across outer regions of the empire, do consider whether a hat may be appropriate before setting out for your morning stroll
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Today is similar to yesterday, long day of work followed by the local till it closes

Can you tell the kids are staying at the grandparents? :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Sun, 20 rand breakfast, pool, beer, beach, surf, wine, braai, sleep, repeat.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Definitely a tad blowy, I blame the beer. Nothing much going on today, mild Thursday hangover is in evidence. Off out for lunch with the Mrs later, the Italian deli has fritelle on the go this week.
  • Going to say hello to Doris today
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Decided to be sensible today and avoided being blown all over the road on my bike. Wished I hadn't now. A slight breeze was enough to c@ck the trains up so currently on a slow moving bus. Homemade donut night tonight. Polish tradition instead of pancakes and on a Thursday. Don't ask me why.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Still on the bus :roll:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:

Any incidents worthy of a 'ding', I've still got it?
  • ballysmate
    My experiences of London buses is very limited.
    Some years back we went to the Royal Albert Hall (The opera, don't you know). Arrived at Euston and not knowing London, asked at the information desk about the best way to get there. There followed a monologue about escalators, trains, changes etc until a bloke next to me said to catch the No12 outside and it would drop me off outside. :roll:
    Part way through the journey, everyone alights and it is explained that we all have to get on the bus behind, as our driver is knocking off and going back to the depot. Anyway, on arrival at the RAH I help a lady off with a push chair. Some time later, I see the same lady, still at the bus stop. She explains that some of her family didn't change buses quickly enough and were taken all the way to the bus depot and she was waiting for them to be returned.
    Couldn't help thinking that it would have been easier for the drivers to swap buses rather than all the passengers.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Doris Day.
    My village was the setting of the the live BBC weather feature.
    Still snowing.
    Folk still driving as if it's a brght summer day. One c*nt has already driven into a wall. No casualties.
    Just burned the toast writing this.
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Not this morning. Last major ding was at Christmas.

Pretty Starbucks girl smiling at me on train platform.

Me walks up to counter: "I don't want to buy anything, I'd just like to wish you a merry Christmas." 8)
    Her, smiles giggle blush fluster "thank you, you have a lovely Christmas too." smile giggle blush fluster."

Train arrives, me leaves watched by Starbucks girl.

A week later I'm on the same platform with my wife and kids. Starbucks girl not impressed :lol:
  • sungod
    Garry H wrote:
    Doris Day.
    Still snowing.
    Folk still driving as if it's a brght summer day. One c*nt has already driven into a wall. No casualties.

man burns toast in storm doris tragedy
  • Garry H
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Me walks up to counter: "I don't want to buy anything, I'd just like to wish you a merry Christmas." 8)
    Her, smiles giggle blush fluster "thank you, you have a lovely Christmas too." smile giggle blush fluster."

A week later I'm on the same platform with my wife and kids. Starbucks girl not impressed :lol:

Did she phone the police?
  • Garry H
    sungod wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Doris Day.
    Still snowing.

man burns toast in storm doris tragedy

It gets worse. Just been quoted 750 quid for new exhaust for wife's car. Stupit Toyota proprietary parts!
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

At least she remembered you. :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Garry H wrote:
    It gets worse. Just been quoted 750 quid for new exhaust for wife's car. Stupit Toyota proprietary parts!
    There's a man on here that knows a man that knows a man that can help with that sort of thing.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    There's a bird sat on the wall of my neighbour's house, giving me the eye

DSC04869_2.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • First dry night ride in a while yesterday and I must say that being dry, although weighed down by layers and riding a bike without guards felt good.

Its hammering down today no no chance of replicating it and I'm missing out on a run with a trip to the pub after because the bloody cat needs a booster jab.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:
    There's a bird sat on the wall of my neighbour's house, giving me the eye

DSC04869_2.jpg
    Now that's pretty cool :D
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    in the words of U2, a beautiful day, every fecker is hiding and so im not being bothered.

V68 chasing many men around a pole there

Grandad T47b wins the best post again, just avoid pissing off that bird mate. Seano's were just disappointed and didn't have a beak and talons to get revenge
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    57891928.jpg

Day summed up there.

Puffing about down here already an the news is harping on about snow apparently now, meant to get full fat Doris later 60-70mph winds, resistance training anyone?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Plant pot got blown over here. Should make the front page of the Cornish Guardian...
  • ballysmate
    Or pot plants blown over grabs the attention of D&C Drugs squad.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    All the cars are orange today!

Do I blame a certain orange man?

Why is the Sahara now relocated to my back garden?

I just had to get up on the roof (well I sent mrs T) to hose down the solar array, removed a centimetre of sand and I am now getting twice as much lecky :D

It was heading your way... Doris's lesser known brother Adnan (Arabic for settler!)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • sungod
    according to the map here, the orange hadn't reached your neck of the woods, but it was a few hours old

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/23 ... _131_leak/

probably best to wait for sunset, see if it glows in the dark
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Trees snapped an gone over right behind my car, luckily the wind snapped it in the other direction.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Captain Hound woke us up at ~5am whimpering because he had been woken up by the wind/rain. I was down in Penrith today meeting a totally ridiculous man with way too much money, the weather was on and off, nothing to report. We did see a lorry with sawn timber on the back on fire for which they had shut two lanes of the motorway this morning, amazed anything could burn in that torrential rain!
  • Garry H
    Just helped a woman in one of those ridiculously small Mercs out of the snow. She had no idea. Her young child was sucking on a brownish grey snowball. I told her that her daughter will probably have a sore tummy in the morninhg, she said "Oh! Is that what'll happen?"

City folk, what are they like eh!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    seanoconn wrote:
    Decided to be sensible today and avoided being blown all over the road on my bike.
    I did the same and got to work bang on time :)

Pity I've been working my nuts off ever since but on the plus side I've managed a fair bit. Headed home soon to down a cider and pack my ski gear ready for tomorrow evening 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Its amazing how well guide dogs can communicate with their owners these days.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    The best daily thread for a while. Good entertainment though I haven't got any energy, never mind creative energy, to add to it having been plaster boarding all day. I think, as it will be while for this phase to finish, i'll just refer to it as PBG. It's quicker and takes less effort.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!