wednesday, i give you a testimonial, the mc5

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, for a bit, then wfh

waves of demotivation are being radiated from the globalmegacorp deathstar, think i need to do some shaking up

need coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning all,
    A bit blowy today and I haven't had a curry since last week. Bit tired after a poor nights kip which isn't helping and now my computer won't let me into my emails. Went to tell the guy in IT and he told me he doesn't start for another 45 minutes. So I'm sat here twiddling my thumbs knowing there's an order for about £10k sitting in my emails, the warehouse are waiting for said order. I'm sure it will all be fine but I'm tired and in a bad mood so I might have to beat someone senseless with a lever arm shock absorber. Boy has gone for an interview at Southampton Uni today. I shall be going to the pub later, might be a messy one after last night's news. I think I will be listening to the Alabama 3 today in memory of her.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Off to monchique today and climb up to Foia to the top, well in a car :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    team47b wrote:
    I've seen your car. It would be faster by bike.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • 5K run this morning before work went suprisingly well considrering I haven't worn running shoes in a while.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    morning ladies and tossers.

Sean - T47b would be less likely to melt on the bike too. Hypo could be a different issue mind

Late started after having a trail run this morning, joys of the new house being smack in the middle of my 5/10k training run. Was going to stay late in work but my mother just text me to inform me she has just landed, Dunno if it was a fact, or a subtle hint that her fridge will be empty and she wants some typical food after 6 weeks in West Africa. No food at my place so Date will have to go shop or it will be an eat out affair!
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    hmmm, managed to pull a shoulder muscle in this mornings turbo workout ..... really not sure what to make of that ? .... perhaps I was over exuberant in reaching for my bidon
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Have you seen his bike?!

Me got any eye appointment me. It's 75 miles down the road though and at 2.50pm, by that time, the clinic will be running very late and I should be back before midnight.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Have you seen his bike?!

Me got any eye appointment me. It's 75 miles down the road though and at 2.50pm, by that time, the clinic will be running very late and I should be back before midnight.

Laters.
    Cycle? If you leave now you might make it.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Have you seen his bike?!

Laters.
    Cycle? If you leave now you might make it.

If he's heading south, he'll take a week. It's blowing a hoolie out there. Mind you, he'll be back in about an hour.
  • Garry H
    team47b wrote:
    Wrap up, it's thirteen degrees over there!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,476
    It's getting warmer and lighter these days, which is good as I can take Muttley for his morning dump without freezing and can see what to pick up afterwards.

Work slightly saner today and only 2.5 days to go before I clear the desks and hand over to the minions :) Now enjoying a rather hot sweet chilli chicken and rice.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • It's true, I might even be able to start on the pre work rides shortly.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's getting warmer and lighter these days,
    You mean there are seasons in the year!? :shock: Thank you oh wise one, teach me more. :roll:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon, quiet day for me seeing as ive picked both the bugs going round so sporting a nice cold an stomach bug so fun day for me.
    Spend some money on non cycling items an still the other half is annoyed. New TV as ours developed a pink band down one side, plus side she can now watch Eastenders in HD (wooo) an my own PC went pop last night nuking the board and case controls so bought a new much much smaller case board an CPU.

Meh, onward to a short afternoon hiding from responsibility, also my blueberries have gone squishy which is not pleasant.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I shall be going to the pub later, might be a messy one after last night's news. I think I will be listening to the Alabama 3 today in memory of her.

:?: Who?

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I shall be going to the pub later, might be a messy one after last night's news. I think I will be listening to the Alabama 3 today in memory of her.

Keep up at the back:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13076567&start=20#p20073750
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,476
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You mean there are seasons in the year!? :shock: Thank you oh wise one, teach me more. :roll:
    I thought you'd need to know as you're meant to be in your burrow until springtime - or until you run out of cheap red wine :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    Garry H wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Wrap up, it's thirteen degrees over there!

I know, it was 18c down at the coast and yes 13c at the top of Foia, had to wear a second fleece, it was grey, cloudy, misty, in fact it reminded me of The Black Mountains only it wasn't raining :D
  • pinno
    When we went up Foia - rain, wind, 10 deg c, it was like Scotland on a good day.
    Great cake though. What was it, some Almond concoction?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Finally exchanged contracts... looks like this move is actually going to happen
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    When we went up Foia - rain, wind, 10 deg c, it was like Scotland on a good day.
    Great cake though. What was it, some Almond concoction?

Not a big expert on cake but I'm guessing Bolo de amêndoa :wink:

Sorry mikey not wishing to relegate your big news to somewhere beneath a cake :D
  • pinno
    Cake will definitely help the move.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I thought you'd need to know as you're meant to be in your burrow until springtime - or until you run out of cheap red wine :wink:
    I expect more from you stevo. A gentle kick up the @rse to get the quality back. You're welcome.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Pinno wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Keep up at the back:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13076567&start=20#p20073750

Thank you. I'd missed that one. Sad news indeed.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Garry H
    Went to cinema to watch Trainspotting 2. Massive nostalgia trip. What happened to the last twenty years? :cry:
  • team47b
    Garry H wrote:
    Went to cinema to watch Trainspotting 2. Massive nostalgia trip. What happened to the last twenty years? :cry:

Makes you feel old, I got to be friends with spud's dad :D
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:
    I was talking to a lady on the train the other day and she said she was watching the OJ Simpson drama. She new very little about the case to I said I guess you must have been very young when it was all over the news. She said she wasn't born yet! Mother F@cker!

Time passes quickly. When I first started posting on here T47b was still in his 50's! :shock:
  • Garry H
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    I was talking to a lady on the train the other day and she said she was watching the OJ Simpson drama. She new very little about the case to I said I guess you must have been very young when it was all over the news. She said she wasn't born yet! Mother F@cker!

Time passes quickly. When I first started posting on here T47b was still in his 50's! :shock:

What is it with you and women on trains? :wink:
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

What is it with you and women on trains? :wink:
    I used to take my son to nursery on the train, gregarious little bugger that he is, he soon developed a circle of train friends who got on the same carriage in the mornings. He doesn't get the train with me anymore but I still have his train friends. It's all very innocent.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sean and the word innocent...
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy