Did we do this yet? Vigilante wing mirror justice meted

guy.spartacus
guy.spartacus Posts: 321
edited February 2017 in Commuting chat
The van man seems like a caricature of the stereotypical sexist idiot...

https://twitter.com/dash_camr/status/834261849881260032
Road - '10 Giant Defy 3.5
MTB - '05 Scott Yecora
BMX - '04 Haro Nyquist R24 (don't judge me)

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Not seen here, but seen on facebook, twitter, some news site, lfgss.
    Van driver and passenger definitely a pair of pricks. Cyclist probably shouldn't have ripped the wing mirror off, but having gone that far she should really have proceeded to beat them to death with it. In for a penny...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    agreed, if you just rip a wing mirror off its seen as excessive, if you go full on nuts and start beating stuff with the wing mirror or attacking the wing mirror with something else like a bike pump, then it adds a little validity to the situation
  • If its fake, why would you fake it is beyond me. If its real, fair play to the lady after taking all that cr@p from those two idiots.
  • Pufftmw wrote:
    I've seen tell that its a fake though quite amusing

The calls of 'fake' on twitter seem to come from the same direction as the calls of 'fake news' and the like. A go-to response to something you don't want to believe/don't like because it doesn't back up your views.
    Road - '10 Giant Defy 3.5
    MTB - '05 Scott Yecora
    BMX - '04 Haro Nyquist R24 (don't judge me)
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    she must have done that before though to have faith that the mirror was going to come off ..... I have tried taking a wing mirror off a rusty mk1 mx5 having gone the normal route of rounding the screws off, tried ripping it off, it took a lot longer than that.

she, but can only be a seasoned professional bunny boiler
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    not so much to grab hold of on an MX5 - but low enough to get kicked off ...

If the hassle she was receiving was as the video showed I don't blame her for her actions - nice follow up by the motorcyclist too :)
    Unfortunately, if the police got involved, she'd be done for criminal damage and the knuts in the van would get a stern talking too about harrasing a woman.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    she rides past a police car just as the van pulls over, the guy on the motorbike should have caught her before then and told her he had it all on camera before the ripping off incident and then they could have dealt with it properly.

2 wrongs dont make a right.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    spasypaddy wrote:
    she rides past a police car just as the van pulls over, the guy on the motorbike should have caught her before then and told her he had it all on camera before the ripping off incident and then they could have dealt with it properly.
    As I said - they'd get a stern talking too ...
    spasypaddy wrote:
    nope - but sometimes it gets the message across ...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Inbred c**ts got everything they asked for.

This lady has my full support.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,216
    spasypaddy wrote:

Your faith in the police and bystanders is admirable, but rather naive.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    If its fake, why would you fake it is beyond me. If its real, fair play to the lady after taking all that cr@p from those two idiots.

Large amounts of money through newspaper licencing.

It's Daily Mail bingo.

Cyclist + sexism + white van man + vigilante justice = clickbait
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Mattsaw wrote:

They only failed to shoe-horn in Lady Di, how headcams can cause cancer and how it's all the EU's fault and they'd have the full house :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Mattsaw wrote:

They only failed to shoe-horn in Lady Di, how headcams can cause cancer and how it's all the EU's fault and they'd have the full house :)
    Also she wasn't wearing a helmet which would have protected her not only from every possible type of brain injury, but also the brain offence caused by the fcukwit van occupants.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Good for her
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,483
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition