2011 Felt F85

N1TRO
N1TRO Posts: 103
edited March 2017 in Your road bikes
IMG_8068.jpg

So I just bought this Felt from a friend who had it hanging on a wall in his garage. Didn't really want it any more, so he gave it away at a decent price. It's not top notch stuff worth thousands of pounds, but if anyone wants to look through the pics and story, you can do it on the link below.

The Link Below.

Otherwise, it's an alu frame Felt F85, I believe it's a 2011, at least that's what it says next to the serial number on the frame. Carbon forks and seatpost, Shimano 105 groupset, Mavic CXP wheels with 23mm Vittoria Zaffiro tyres, white in colour. They look a bit quirky, but they match the frame rather nicely. All in all a solid performer at a very decent price.

Comments

• KoenM
    KoenM Posts: 95
    The shifters, Brakes and crankset don't look like 105 at all, probably microshit or something like that. Tip, get better brakes, that would do alot of good on this bike.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Good spot, yes microshift gears
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • N1TRO
    KoenM wrote:
    The shifters, Brakes and crankset don't look like 105 at all, probably microshit or something like that. Tip, get better brakes, that would do alot of good on this bike.
    Indeed, I must apologize for the misinformation given. I saw a 105 sign on the rear mech and immediately assumed the rest would follow suit. Started road cycling well after this bike was built, so I don't really know what it all looked like. You'd think they'd spec the whole bike with a complete groupset, but I guess they wanted to keep the price down.
  • KoenM
    KoenM Posts: 95
    Yeah they sometimes do, mostly the crankset and brakes though, never seen a microshift-shifter with a 105 derailleur.
  • N1TRO
    Went back to check on things again, actually only the front and rear derailleurs are 105, the crankset is FSA and I couldn't find any meaningful marks on the brakes. A real hodge-podge of parts, and I'm still waiting for the weather to clear up so I can try a longer ride...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    The Microshift stuff is designed to work with Shimano kit so it should be functional.

My son has an alu Felt a couple of years newer and his came with Sora shifters and mechs but an FSA chainset and some unbranded calipers. Solid enough bike; got it from Wiggle for under £400.

He's powerful but occasionally clumsy with front shifting, so I'm waiting for him to bend the FSA chainring. Then I can sell him the upgrade to a standard Tiagra chainset I have sitting unused in a box in the garage :D
  • grant2307
    grant2307 Posts: 135
    Just bought one of these of a guy from ebay with a couple of upgrades, collecting on Saturday.