Maxxis High Roller fans

Bojangle
Bojangle Posts: 63
edited February 2017 in MTB general
I have tried many tyres over the years but have never found anything to come close to the grip and rolling performance of High rollers. The only downfall is the price so maybe looking to try something else, i don't want to trust reviews because they tend to be bias to certain distributers. i want to hear from people in the real world. I'm running 26" bontrager rythem wheels and always fit 2.5" tyres, which leads to my other question, is there much difference in size between 2.4" and 2.5", i have 2.35 on my hardtail and is a bit too small for my liking.

Comments

• Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Bojangle wrote:
    i don't want to trust reviews because they tend to be bias to certain distributers.

And this is based on?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    About 0.1" difference
  • My bike only question is why change? Sure the cost difference is minimal and if you've found a tyre that works then stick with it. You could end up trying 3 or 4 tyres which you don't like to then just go back to the maxxis which isn't cost effective
  • My bike only question is why change? Sure the cost difference is minimal and if you've found a tyre that works then stick with it. You could end up trying 3 or 4 tyres which you don't like to then just go back to the maxxis which isn't cost effective

This guy right here has a point.

High Roller is quite some popular rubber. Not without a reason.
  • Bojangle wrote:
    i don't want to trust reviews because they tend to be bias to certain distributers.

And this is based on?

Mate of mine used to work for future publishing a few years ago!

Very true, it was just that you seem to see deals on other makes but i guess the high roller is so popular that they don't need to do a deal. It just seems mad that i'm spending more a year on bike tyres than on my car!!! :shock: :(
  • Bojangle wrote:
    My bike only question is why change? Sure the cost difference is minimal and if you've found a tyre that works then stick with it. You could end up trying 3 or 4 tyres which you don't like to then just go back to the maxxis which isn't cost effective

Very true, it was just that you seem to see deals on other makes but i guess the high roller is so popular that they don't need to do a deal. It just seems mad that i'm spending more a year on bike tyres than on my car!!! :shock: :(

The car vs bike comparison comes up a lot, but is your car equipped with top end performance tyres? If we were paying just for the material used, tyres would be dirt cheap. But there's always some manufacturing process and lots of research. And of course, the big name behind it.