sunday and the haruspex has spoken

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

the latest tellings forecast that the sun shall rise, tweety birds shall tweet, and cafes will be stopped at
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Not here they don't.

Up earlyish for a ride to the seaside to see a mate complet a half marathon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    No need to interpret omens by inspecting the entrails of sacrificial animals here Haruspex, I predict it's gonna be sunny :D

Yesterday I was out on a ride and was being drafted by a triathlon bloke in a BMC outfit out on a training session, I let him stay there for a km or two, had a chat, then left him for dust, ok it was his day for running but a win is a win, right? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    I thought it was about time we had some obscure thread titles back :)

Managed to sort most of my ski gear for next weekend. Not long to go now and there's a metric Fukkton of snow where I'm headed 8) Will need to catch up on a few other jobs today and maybe wash the communter bike, which apparently used to white.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Long suffering's birthday today so being nice to her. Boy was out all night so left him with instructions to get croissants and be home by 10:30. To my amazement he did it. Now relaxing for a while, got to stroll in to Kingston to pick up the present I ordered yesterday. Off to my folks for a late lunch this afternoon accompanied by much cake and tiramisu.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Tiramisu: Surely created for hangovers, depression and divorce?

You got him the tw@t T47. Well done that man.

OH called to say she's finishing early. In the intervening period, I need to find something physical for the toots to do. Perhaps another coffee will help me make my decision...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    With a name like that you'd think so. I can say with some certainty my mother makes a great tiramisu.
    Forgot to ask if Mrs 666 enjoyed Kingston. You should tag along next time Stevo and we could go for a beer.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I can say with some certainty my mother makes a great tiramisu.

You've said that before. Send some up to me by courier please.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    With a name like that you'd think so. I can say with some certainty my mother makes a great tiramisu.
    Forgot to ask if Mrs 666 enjoyed Kingston. You should tag along next time Stevo and we could go for a beer.
    Yep they had a good time and the restaurant was up to scratch. I got landed with dog sitting and prodding a teenager to do some work. Not sure when the next one will be but will bear in mind, ta.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I can say with some certainty my mother makes a great tiramisu.

You've said that before. Send some up to me by courier please.
    We can send you something brown and gooey in the post :twisted:
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Been riding. Way too warm.
    Watching documentary about Blencathra. Very good.
  • veronese68
    I thought Garrrry lived in Sweatland. Too warm must be a relative term, doubt Spinner would see it that way.
  • Garry H
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I thought Garrrry lived in Sweatland. Too warm must be a relative term, doubt Spinner would see it that way.
    Fackin 9 degrees, this time of year! Somebody's having a laugh! I want negative numbers and a full on headwind in every direction.
  • veronese68
    Tiramisu was good, none left now, need a kip before my Dad's lemon drizzle cake with a cup of tea.
  • I wasn't physically ready for that...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I wasn't physically ready for that...

That's the way I felt for today's run after last nights ale - opening another bottle of jack Daniels after 2am wasn't ever going to end well
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    First bath since November. Liked it so much I had another...
  • Garry H
    Just sold kids' first bike :cry:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Garry H wrote:
    Just sold kids' first bike :cry:

You tw@t. Bet he is right p1ssed off having no bike.
  • Garry H
    Nah, he's got a replacement, with pedals. He can ride it already, he's only four. He could probably beat you at snakes n ladders and fighting. So could my cat.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pfft
    Your cat can't even win at staring.
  • Garry H
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pfft
    Your cat can't even win at staring.

Beat me at snap though, and wrestling.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Spent from 5am till 5pm on the bike. Nice and warm. I did not need my roubaix top for the first time in months
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • TLW1 wrote:
    I wasn't physically ready for that...

That's the way I felt for today's run after last nights ale - opening another bottle of jack Daniels after 2am wasn't ever going to end well

Only had a few wines last night, but 106km after a winter of excess was not the best idea. Managed it though which is what matters.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Spent from 5am till 5pm on the bike.

That's just plain silly.