Not another stealth black bike !

part time waster
part time waster Posts: 244
edited February 2017 in The cake stop
I flick through the owners bikes and like to see other ideas on their idea of great bikes.
How long are we going to keep finding all black bikes , stickers removed and a weight of sub 6kg. It's all been done and frankly dull. It doesn't look like an individual choice any more..
You could at least add a jazzy pink bottle cage !

Comments

• So of the 27 threads on the front page of Your Road Bike section 4 are stealth, there's even a guy brazing his own frame together.

So I call troll and claim my £5!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Maybe just an appropriate user name.
    Must say I'm not a fan of stealth black bikes, but occasionally they look right. Not sure what the formula is, proportions I guess.
  • Trolling , I don't think so. I would have posted on a link next to a stealth bike. But it is in cake stop with a light hearted suggestion of a pink bottle cage.
    I know it's a forum, and people can post whatever they like. Trying to offend people you don't know is weak.
    The £5 is all mine.
  • My post is backed by facts from the Forum, I think there's been a distinct change from stealth to the more creative road bike colour scheme hence the vast selection from the Cinelli to the Perotti to the Merckx to the actual hand built. 12 months ago I would have agreed with you it was all a bit boring.

Don't be offended it is the cake shop which incidentally I am sat outside one right now with my stealth bike in lovely North Yorkshire
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Should it be read "part time-waster" or "part-time waster"?
  • Should it be read "part time-waster" or "part-time waster"?
    Exactly !
    You get it.
    Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions , I've got plenty more.
    I won't call you names if we don't see eye to eye. , Banter first. It's just bike talk.
    Wish I was sat outside a coffee shop today with my mates after a spin. It's my turn for a cold.
    Always next week.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    It's just bike talk.
    Indeed, not worth taking these things too seriously.
  • It's not the bikes being black I take issue with, it's the use of the word 'stealth' …

The fact that you are posting a picture for me TO SEE means that it can't be at all 'stealthy' and is actually just a black bike …
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    type:epyt wrote:
    It's not the bikes being black I take issue with, it's the use of the word 'stealth' …

The fact that you are posting a picture for me TO SEE means that it can't be at all 'stealthy' and is actually just a black bike …

Yeah, but for all the ones you see surely there are dozens more that just slip below the radar?
  • Bobbinogs wrote:
    type:epyt wrote:
    It's not the bikes being black I take issue with, it's the use of the word 'stealth' …

Yeah, but for all the ones you see surely there are dozens more that just slip below the radar?

Yeah, but they were resting against the tree that fell in the forest ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,221
    It's not that I don't like black bikes. Some of my best bikes are black but I just think there are too many of them over here now and it's time to put a limit on how many we allow in.
  • Pross wrote:
    It's not that I don't like black bikes. Some of my best bikes are black but I just think there are too many of them over here now and it's time to put a limit on how many we allow in.

Too subtle?
  • Pross wrote:

Love it.
    Max pee taking. That's why I read this stuff , although I didn't sign up for all this paperwork !
    I would draw the line at best bike. Allowable as the odd winter bike , providing none where I live.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Pross wrote:

Love it.
    Max pee taking. That's why I read this stuff , although I didn't sign up for all this paperwork !
    I would draw the line at best bike. Allowable as the odd winter bike , providing none where I live.

Nimby :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Does a black bike from 2005 count as stealth? Or is it just black?

BTW: all my other bikes are stealth, too. Stealth red.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    This is more stealth in my opinion:

C3-Vv5wWYAACTUN.jpg
  • that stem!!!!
    Advocate of disc brakes.