Garmin Connect Sync Issue

rsdop
rsdop Posts: 14
edited February 2017 in Road general
Anyone else had problems syncing since the update on the 14th? The Garmin connects fine via Bluetooth but comes up with "sync failed" (iPhone app).

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I had to re-pair the Bluetooth connection between phone and Edge 810 on 16th but that might have been cause I updated to Android Nougat and app update.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Hanners
    Hanners Posts: 260
    I deleted all my history off the garmin then it synced fine
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Hanners wrote:
    I deleted all my history off the garmin then it synced fine

but what did it sync?!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • rsdop
    It's a problem I've had before but last time they released another update with bug fixes but no sign of anything yet. Garmin software does seem a bit crap, had other issues previously with Bluetooth connectivity as well as syncing. I only bought the 520 for the direct strava upload as I don't have a computer with USB. As soon as there is an alternative available it's getting sold!
  • munkster
    munkster Posts: 819
    As soon as there is an alternative available it's getting sold!

Wahoo Elemnt? I am *seriously* close to chopping my 1000 in for one.
  • chris_bass
    munkster wrote:

having had wahoo speed and cadence sensors in the past it has put me right off, the sensors were terrible!
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    I find if I switch my mobile phone off and on before I sync with my edge 25 it syncs fine, otherwise it won't sync. Not sure why? It used to work fine.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • rsdop
    Chris Bass wrote:
    munkster wrote:

having had wahoo speed and cadence sensors in the past it has put me right off, the sensors were terrible!

Interesting I hadn't heard about these. As they use ANT+ would it not be possible to use the Garmin sensors?
  • rsdop
    KentPhil wrote:
    I find if I switch my mobile phone off and on before I sync with my edge 25 it syncs fine, otherwise it won't sync. Not sure why? It used to work fine.
    Tried this as it's worked for me previously but no joy this time!
  • munkster
    munkster Posts: 819
    Interesting I hadn't heard about these. As they use ANT+ would it not be possible to use the Garmin sensors?

Yep you can. My mate does so...
  • chris_bass
    It is more that given how poor their sensors are it doesn't give me much faith in their computers
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    rsdop wrote:
    Anyone else had problems syncing since the update on the 14th? The Garmin connects fine via Bluetooth but comes up with "sync failed" (iPhone app).

My friend had the same problem. He mentioned that he had never updated the software on his head unit so I helped him do that yesterday. After that it synced fine again.
  • rsdop
    Kim10 wrote:
    rsdop wrote:

My friend had the same problem. He mentioned that he had never updated the software on his head unit so I helped him do that yesterday. After that it synced fine again.

Well tried this and it wouldn't even connect via Bluetooth, so unpaired and repaired and it appears to have worked! Thanks for the tip :)