The V68 "I want it still to be Friday" Saturday thread

my_grandadʹs_bike
my_grandadʹs_bike Posts: 1,300
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Someone feeling a bit worse for wear this morning?

Bike ride actually planned for this morning which makes a pleasant change, rest of the day will be what it will be

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Going for haircut. Buzzcut number one. Might buy a scandinavian hat to go with it.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Saturday

Stupid lack of sleep due to the mind going into overdrive as I tried to work out how to get the wife a compromise agreement now she's got a new job - thankfully her current employer doesn't seem to think employment law needs following so we should be ok

Bright side is I've caught up on the grand tour and enjoyed some tea and I'm now waiting for the sun to come up so I can go for a run

Later is dad's taxi work and a haircut in town

Later is a few friends over for dinner including a couple and their four kids who are staying over - should be very loud but fun
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Morning all

Chill in' for a bit then heading to the gym while bambino is at a party, then just Saturday chores. Maybe do a bit of packing - did I mention I was going to Sweden?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    I'm going to be getting my ski fear out of the loft today to get ready for next Saturday, which will really make V68s morning :)

Strifey is off to Kingston to have lunch with some of her friends today so that means plenty of time for doing my stuff and looking at snow reports etc 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm going to be getting my ski fear out of the loft today to get ready for next Saturday, which will really make V68s morning :)

Strifey is off to Kingston to have lunch with some of her friends today so that means plenty of time for doing my stuff and looking at snow reports etc 8)
    Kingston, I'll pop by and say hello. What does she look like?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Don't forget to pop into Asda on the way for a bottle of merlot.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm going to be getting my ski fear out of the loft today

Odd place to keep it
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Small vicious rodent of continental extraction with long dark fur and a nasty bite.

Buy her a bottle of cheap red wine, bound to work :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm going to be getting my ski fear out of the loft today

Odd place to keep it
    Its usually in my keks.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My head hurts.
    Skiing is a great hangover cure.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Garry H wrote:
    Going for haircut. Buzzcut number one. Might buy a scandinavian hat to go with it.

Man up - no guard zero cut and now you can get yourself a tattoo. :wink:

Raining meh. On toots watch today as OH is back at work. Might get the wooden train set out. That'll keep me happy for hours.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Pissing it down over here too. Partaaaaay later on. Croissant and brie with coffee now just.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Raining meh. On toots watch today as OH is back at work. Might get the wooden train set out. That'll keep me happy for hours.

Laters.

I cut my own hair (not paying £12 every ten days for a number 2 at the back and sides and trim the top please mate).

One day as I was doing the back the guard fell off. N2 back and sides plus a shyyyt Zorro stripe grade zero straight up the middle of the back.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    All this talk of haircuts with clippers males me think there is a sizeable slaphead club in BB.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Laters.

I cut my own hair (not paying £12 every ten days for a number 2 at the back and sides and trim the top please mate).

One day as I was doing the back the guard fell off. N2 back and sides plus a shyyyt Zorro stripe grade zero straight up the middle of the back.

12 quid every ten days! 6 quid every month.
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    All this talk of haircuts with clippers males me think there is a sizeable slaphead club in BB.
    Or a lice infestation!
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Or a lice infestation!
    Probably both knowing the usual suspects.
  • Garry H
    Personally speaking, it's just for the convenience :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Slightly more awake now. Was a slap head once, didn't like it so was glad when it grew back. Added bonus that there was less grey.
    Off into Kingston with the Mrs shortly so will keep an eye open for a crazed foreign looking bint moaning about her grouchy northerner of a husband.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    shaved bonce for years, the oh likes it and it saves faffing around

only downside is if i skip more than a couple of days it snags on the pillow and pulling on a hoodie turns into a battle
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Slightly more awake now. Was a slap head once, didn't like it so was glad when it grew back. Added bonus that there was less grey.
    Off into Kingston with the Mrs shortly so will keep an eye open for a crazed foreign looking bint moaning about her grouchy northerner of a husband.
    Have a quick look into a place called Côte near the bridge. Then tell them all they're lucky to have such great other halves. If they disagree, lob a grenade in (I'll pay for the grenade :twisted: )
  • seanoconn
    I've missed a few pm's today as my in box was full, so apologies if there was anything important that needed my attention. But judging the pm's I did receive it was probably a load of guff anyway.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    The cat (Monkey) is staring at me because I am eating dried apricots (his favorite) and he wants some

1EF55996-3AEA-4518-AD46-34D7EC83A2C3.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Have a quick look into a place called Côte near the bridge. Then tell them all they're lucky to have such great other halves. If they disagree, lob a grenade in (I'll pay for the grenade :twisted: )
    Aah, just seen this. Didn't pass Cote as we wound up in Carluccio's, kids joined us for lunch. Quite a nice day out, but too busy for my liking in Kingston. Stole the boy's bike rather than walking home. Managed to buy the wife a new handbag for her birthday tomorrow so all is well with the world. Might have a kip now.
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:
    The cat (Monkey) is staring at me because I am eating dried apricots (his favorite) and he wants some

1EF55996-3AEA-4518-AD46-34D7EC83A2C3.jpg
    Are your cats vegetarians too?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    My cats are not vegetarian it's only Monkey who likes dried fruit, the others prefer Brazil nuts :D

@Garry, he's staring at you!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    for some reason i feel a compulsion to get dried apricots
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    I've missed a few pm's today as my in box was full, so apologies if there was anything important that needed my attention. But judging the pm's I did receive it was probably a load of guff anyway.

Postman hasn't been today so I haven't received any pms.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    team47b wrote:
    My cats are not vegetarian it's only Monkey who likes dried fruit, the others prefer Brazil nuts :D

@Garry, he's staring at you!

I'm a beaten man. I've just been to a four year old's birthday party. If I ever hear the words "party" and "bag" in the same sentence again, absolute chaos will be unleashed.