Thursday, my Friday

Garry H
Garry H Posts: 6,639
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Nobody else up? Thought as much, lazy bastards.

Laters.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    'ning

i've been up ages, am a lazy bastard

just had brekkie in scenic bad nauheim, off to airport in a while
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Easy day of work planned, hopefully no one throws a spanner in the works. Wifey picking me up from work later then we're off for a romantic dinner with the OAP's in Superfish. Free prawns and warm Crusty bread, cod chips and mushy peas. Get in :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Was up but apparently I have to talk to the family in the morning's

At least the wife is talking to me after she got in a grump on valentines night when I was apparantly angry because she hadnt ironed my shirts

Later is a chilled night as the wife has got a 2nd interview tomorrow
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    http://www.superfishuk.co.uk/menus/restaurant-menu/

That's seriously posh menu for a chippy. :shock:

I bet they haven't got a big jar of pickled eggs of indeterminate age sat as you go in.

Bon appetite!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Breakfast in bed, considering getting out of bed soon, go out buy some paint (it's ok it's metric, pinno) then a walk to the beach for curry, may try some of that alcohol stuff that I've been avoiding since that hypo event :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:

I bet they haven't got a big jar of pickled eggs of indeterminate age sat as you go in.

Bon appetite!
    Trust me, it's not posh. But I've not had better fish and chips. It's as good if not better than Harry Ramsden's.

I'm sure they have pickled eggs.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Ballysmate wrote:

Bon appetite!
    That's not posh for a chippy, this is a posh chippy. I can't bring myself to pay that much for fish and chips when there's a really good proper chippy less than a mile away.
    Day off for me today so had a bit of a lazy start. Need to call Virgin Meeja and tell them if they don't give me a better deal I'm off to be a Sky fanboy. Then a bit of Mini fixing and buying the Mrs a birthday present. Do you think she'll be impressed with new cones and a compressor for the Mini?
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Bon appetite!
    That's not posh for a chippy, this is a posh chippy. I can't bring myself to pay that much for fish and chips when there's a really good proper chippy less than a mile away.
    Day off for me today so had a bit of a lazy start. Need to call Virgin Meeja and tell them if they don't give me a better deal I'm off to be a Sky fanboy. Then a bit of Mini fixing and buying the Mrs a birthday present. Do you think she'll be impressed with new cones and a compressor for the Mini?
    It was a toss up between that posh chippy and the Lebanese restaurant by the river at the weekend. Libanais won.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Bon appetite!
    Trust me, it's not posh. But I've not had better fish and chips. It's as good if not better than Harry Ramsden's.

I'm sure they have pickled eggs.

It gives you free prawns an warm bread though, mine you just get a cursory dirty look while you wait.

Bally, jar of pickled eggs is the sign of a true chippy in my eyes. Those and "battered bits" being on the menu.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Glorious ride in, have done a couple of jobs around the place now utterly bored waiting for suitable time to go to the gym. Can't even think of ways to make myself look busy.

May buy some new brakes pads - anyone tried Dura Ace/Ultegra/105 for carbon wheels? Any good?

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I thought that after Christmas/Tax Return deadline/ski holiday rushing around that things would settle down, but no. Someone decided to get pregnant 38 weeks ago and now needs help redecorating two rooms.

I could have ridden my bike beofre work but nooooooo, we were there until 11 last night and I had to go back this morning to collect a Navara full of cardboard and rubbish from ikea bed building.

Guess which happy couple are having to do it all?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Bon appetite!

'kin hell! You aren't kidding, that's posh.
    No kebabs neither. :(
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    And probably no chance of a chip fight either.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Not long then HD. Who's is it?

@VN. No is the answer. Hydrospastic suspension. Don't you just love it?

Me building toilet me. Fooked. Taking time off work ain't good for endurance purposes. Water resistant plaster board is great fun :roll: 8 x 4 metric but i'm cutting bits of in mm's.

Must go and get scrubbed. I stink.

See ya After.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    I'll stick with the locsl chippy after finally sorting out a nice plastic bike for myself. Suspect I might be on beans on toast for a while.

Pictures
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    14884CD6-7861-4119-9B72-9AFE7581A12D.jpg

Well...someone had to :oops:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    team47b wrote:
    14884CD6-7861-4119-9B72-9AFE7581A12D.jpg

Well...someone had to :oops:

Skinheads on a raft
  • pinno
    Reminds me of Beef Jerky and scrambled egg basically served on toast. An American recipe. They called it sh1t on a raft.
    It was quite good but for the fact it looked rather odd and the name never left your thoughts.
    I think the British equivalent uses Kidneys and it's home is the Navy. Eeeurgh.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    seanoconn wrote:
    we're off for a romantic dinner in Superfish. Get in :D
    Sounds like a euphemism for 'dining at the Y'.

Evening Lycra lovers, stoopidly busy day and straight into free food n booze. I've promised myself I will pedal tomorrow. Could be a rash promise...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    No more work for over a week :D
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    No more work for over a week :D

Come and give me a hand then. You hold up the plaster board and i'll nail it on.
  • Garry H
    Haud it and Doddit?
  • pinno
    Aye. Bash it, bodgit and leggit.