Trek 1.5 with some upgrades now the bug has bitten.

beak58
beak58 Posts: 142
edited February 2017 in Your road bikes
Hi all,

This is my first and only road bike which I got in 2013. Used for commuting my 24 mile round trip 4 days a week and weekend rides round East Lancs when I can escape the anchors. Size 58 for my 6'1 frame.

My dream bike is a BMC SLR01 Ultegra in the black/red finish, hopefully Summer 2017 *prays*. Then I think the trek will make a good winter trainer, and of course commuter.

fQXmn8.jpg

Upgrades from stock are -
Lizardskin tape
Full 105 5800 group
RS81 C24 wheels
Spesh All Condition tyres (highly recommended for commuting)

For anyone thinking of taking the plunge into road riding I highly recommend!

Thanks for looking
Beak

Comments

• beak58
    fQXmn8.jpg

PLEASE IGNORE JUST TESTING IMAGE UPLOAD AS I AM SELLING SOMETHING AND ONLY HAVE A SMARTPHONE AVAILABLE THANKS
  • beak58 wrote:
    Hi all,

This is my first and only road bike which I got in 2013. Used for commuting my 24 mile round trip 4 days a week and weekend rides round East Lancs when I can escape the anchors. Size 58 for my 6'1 frame.

My dream bike is a BMC SLR01 Ultegra in the black/red finish, hopefully Summer 2017 *prays*. Then I think the trek will make a good winter trainer, and of course commuter.

fQXmn8.jpg

Lizardskin tape
    Full 105 5800 group
    RS81 C24 wheels

Thanks for looking
    Beak

Bejesus, is it even possible to have that many spacers, looks like you could almost go up a frame size.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • beak58
    beak58 wrote:
    Hi all,

fQXmn8.jpg

Lizardskin tape
    Full 105 5800 group
    RS81 C24 wheels

Thanks for looking
    Beak

Bejesus, is it even possible to have that many spacers, looks like you could almost go up a frame size.

Funnily enough I knocked the old frankentrek down a couple of spacers once I bought this -

30574853060_d0bcb0a04d_c.jpg

and am definitely getting to work a couple of minutes quicker on it. New saddle and wheels as well, will take a photo and update.

Thanks
    Beak
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's a lovely looking thing. They're even nicer in the flesh. How does it ride?
  • beak58
    Shortfall wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's a lovely looking thing. They're even nicer in the flesh. How does it ride?

I've not ridden a shed load of bikes in my time so don't have a lot to compare with, but the Colnago feels like it's itching to go faster all the time and it's a cliché but it feels like every bit of pedal stroke is translated to forward motion.

I've only clocked 126 miles as I bought it at the end of October and am waiting for the spring, but in late October I did this ride -

123w18w.jpg

where I got lost and did 47 miles back home instead of 27 (after doing 27 out to meet the family) and I'm just glad I wasn't on the Trek as I arrived home as fresh as anything :)