Written off Sunday

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,946
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Yuck.

Fire stoked up, and staying home to watch the rain.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• Got home at 4am, following a very long day of skiing and flying and drinking!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Definitely a day for hot water in the bidon
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bloody cold but bright sunshine.

Chain shortened on Cervelo, fighting with kwik-link that just won't klick in but will in 10 seconds when I go back Laure.

Rear mech set up on same, will finalize front mech when I go back later.

Headset on s/s sorted using in internal spacer from headset of TT bike but I don't intend to use that for a while so no dramas there.

Off to have a shower, chill out with TDV and Bambini then weights session.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Rode out to the sdcc relability ride 20 miles out to find ot has cancelled. I checked the event page this morning and it was on. They put a post elsewhere i did not look elsewhere. The thing is the roads where not slippy. You just do the obvious brake early for corners and go round them slower. To much safety for safetys sake now.

Still i enjoyed the ride even if it was a bit cold.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639

Chain shortened on Cervelo, fighting with kwik-link that just won't klick in but will in 10 seconds when I go back Laure.

Headset on s/s sorted using in internal spacer from headset of TT bike but I don't intend to use that for a while so no dramas there.

Ciao for now.

The Delectable Veronese68?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Got home at 4am, following a very long day of skiing and flying and drinking!
    Aah, you're back. I suppose I can unblock you now. Hope you had a good time.
    Not doing a lot here, family pub lunch as the Mrs doesn't fancy cooking. Suits me. Fighting the Mini and velocipedes first.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,545
    another soggy ride, with a disappointingly heavy doughnut at the second cafe stop

hosed off bike, currently warming up

mrs sungod on the other hand had brekkie in bed, i'm thinking this was a better plan
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Woke up with normal blood glucose after 4 days of high numbers, now I know how long it takes for injected insulin to normalize my system after my unexpected, force fed, midnight snack the other night after eating...

2 tablespoons of honey
    3 sachets of sugar
    3 dates
    3 chocalate biscuits
    And a hunk of cheddar :D (random disconected non carb snack eaten due to lack of functioning brain)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

Ciao for now.

The Delectable Veronese68?

No, the burd, innit. She well fancies me. Thinks I'm lush, which I am.

Went out skateboarding earlier - forgotten how much fun it was. Only fell off twice which is nice.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340

Who's 'Laure'?

Rotate the chain so the quick link is between the cassette and a front chain ring, not jockey wheel and chain ring (comprende?) then put your left hand on the rear brake lever (right if you're one of those nonces who puts the rear brake on your right hand. Lefties exempt). Then put pressure on your pedal just after TDC. It will pull into position. Simples :wink:

The Delicious.... Only joking, Top Dead Centre.

Day out first at Penrith Soft play area then Keswick for Latte and Pannini with smoked applewood and ham. I see i'm going to get fat at this rate.
    It's snowing.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Busy job days - mostly with the chainsaw, now got the wood stall full and five pallets full of mostly oak :)

My parents popped in for a cuppa and after a delicious roast dinner, it's pub time
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    When in Rome, as they say...so have consumed plenty of espresso, gelato and pizza :) (the pizza was the dogs danglies - cheese and bacon with parmesan topping). Have already had wine and will add to that over dinner shortly.

Bit rushed this morning as Strifey was insistent on going to see the Tarmac Kisser give his Sunday speech, but after that it was better apart from Stropteen whingeing about having to walk everywhere. Saw a few historical bits n pieces and got the tottyscope out as it would be rude not to in Rome :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Who's 'Laure'?

Rotate the chain so the quick link is between the cassette and a front chain ring, not jockey wheel and chain ring (comprende?) then put your left hand on the rear brake lever (right if you're one of those nonces who puts the rear brake on your right hand. Lefties exempt). Then put pressure on your pedal just after TDC. It will pull into position. Simples :wink:

The Delicious.... Only joking, Top Dead Centre.

Day out first at Penrith Soft play area then Keswick for Latte and Pannini with smoked applewood and ham. I see i'm going to get fat at this rate.
    It's snowing.

Laters.

Agree completely re chain - was tinkering with it in He work stand but will take it down and do it properly tomorrow (far too freakin' cold at the mo' to head outside).

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.