Sleety Saturday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning all,
Not very nice out, grey wet and cold. Didn't have a great night's kip as wife rather upset and doesn't know what to do with herself. Not much I can do other than just be around and try not to be an arse. Taking the girl to the optician for a check up later, will see what the day brings.
Hope you all have a good one.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    Not very nice out, grey wet and cold. Didn't have a great night's kip as wife rather upset and doesn't know what to do with herself. Not much I can do other than just be around and try not to be an ars*. Taking the girl to the optician for a check up later, will see what the day brings.
    Hope you all have a good one.
    Going to be crap for a while, sorry mate. Do they know how long your brother in law has?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Going to be crap for a while, sorry mate. Do they know how long your brother in law has?
    Up to 6 months untreated, maybe 12 if he has chemo. Lung cancer that has spread into liver and bones, he was symptom free until he got a lump on his side. He gave up smoking over 20 years ago, now in his 60s. I can only try to be supportive and say things like what a good and full life he's had. All sounds a bit trite.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,165
    Tis true, not a lot you can do in that situation. Seems to be far too much of the Big C around these days :(

Were just finishing getting ready, off to Heathrow after lunch and hopefully leave this bloody weather behind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yup V 68, not much I can add to what's been said alreadt. Lost three close friends to cancer within the space of a couple of years and my own father had it and pulled through in the end.

All slushy and wet over here. Will don snow boots and head for the hills I think.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Been snowing solidly since 4am ... it's now 11am .... and none of the bastid stuff has settled ... I wanna build a snowman
  • Went through a similar thing a couple of years with the wife and her mum V68, made me realise what a selfish c**k I could be a times. Have a far stronger relationship now because of it and fortunately her mum is well and still in remission. It's shit when it happens but you'll be fine in the long run.

Weather as bad as it can be here so no bike ride (not that anyone in BB rides a bike!) no park run or even the gym. Sat in kitchen hammering the espresso machine playing old music vids on YouTube.

Wife and youngest gone to Norfolk - I think the wife has to go back everY now and then to get some strange carrot juice that stops the webbed feet and hands from growing back when they have been out of the region for a while.

So its wall to wall football and rugby with the eldest later with the threat of watching Lilo and Stich thrown in - she's 17 FFS
  • veronese68
    Sorry to start the day with such a downer, but thanks all. Still sleeting here. Was going to help the boy rebuild the front suspension on the Mini, not in this weather. Might put it in the garage to do the right hand side, but room is tight and bicycles would have to go into the garden. Much tea has been drunk and now on coffee, will leave the beer until later. Hopefully watching the 6 nations later.

ETA: Lilo & Stitch, haven't seen that for a while. Fineas &Ferb was good.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Off to the sunny lakes soon. No bike don't think for a minute you're getting a holiday as I am taking the laptop.

Be the best prop VN.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Saturday

No need to apologise v68, fake forum friends are what you need in times like this

Man flu is taking hold - very much in evidence in bailing 11 miles into my run today - which meant a 3 mile walk home :(

Taking out a tree today with the help of a pal and then another mate is coming over for the rugby

Later is meant to be dinner at neighbours but I think they are ill too
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    No need to apologise v68, fake forum friends are what you need in times like this
    In the spirit of which hope yesterday was as good as it could be considering you were driving.
    The message here is that life's too short, make the most of it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Shyyyt to hear V68 - the big c really is a horrible kkunt. Best wishes and thoughts to all.

Here has been cold, rain, sleet but 13k cross country run done so pasta soup and Cornish pasties devoured for lunch, gulped down with lashings of Earl Grey.

Found perfect spot to run business with TDLO - maybe a long term burner. Have a couple of irons in the fire at current workplace (3-5 year plan depending if I make it that far as I don't fall apart in the meantime) so let's see.

Apart from that, will pop the rugby on, get angry when England score and home made pizza for dinner. Will also change from valve extender on the s/s from rubbish Planet X does the job to sweeeeet hand milled job. As it will be sharing the front Spibergy with Dirk it deserves it.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I was going out for a day of fun but now I'm too depressed. Think I'll stay home and mope about :( It is all your fault V68 but I don't want you to feel responsible. You don't need to thank me, that's what friends are for :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    You should thank me Seano, it's cold out.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Live every day as though it is your last. One day it will be...

I managed to get my leg over this afternoon and keep it up for 30 minutes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,165
    About to take off and leave the sleet behind but they've announced we'll be on the stand for another 10 minutes. Where's my first glass of grog?!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Been in the garage messing with headset of the s/s so I can slam it but it's a poxy Cane Creek one with a funny stepped bottom cone space that's about 9m too high - inside is stepped to clear the funny spacer that sits inside the bearings.

As soon as I get it sorted I know what's going to be the first thing to be smashed with a hammer and chucked in next door's garden.

As an aside - it's blimmin' Baltic. Colder than my ex's heart. Oh to be in the warm bosom of TDLO.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Ho hum. I'm 4 miles from Ullswater.

Had a great start to the holiday: a Mexicana bagel with Emmental cheese, smoked ham and relish with a vinaigrette side salad. And that was only lunch. Vino in the fridge.
  • Matthewfalle
    Vino is in the fridg! For fuck's sake Pinno, get him out. You try explaining to Mrs P how a small Russian dude ended up in your fridge.

Took me months to explain to TDV why TDNFNATN was holed up in my wardrobe...

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    I still have her lab coat in my pillow case.......... I tried to get TDLO to wear it but she said I was weird.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I still have her lab coat in my pillow case.......... I tried to get TDLO to wear it but she said I was weird.

Noo! Some girls are just no fun. Frozen boxes. 6 bottles of vintage claret and still not up for it.
  • Matthewfalle
    I know. I even washed Little Matt as I thought it may be my lucky night.

Not going to waste my time doing that again, I can tell you that much for nowt.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Personally, I wish you hadn't bothered.
  • Matthewfalle
    Brand new Brillo pad as well. Took ages to get the crusty bits off.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Anybody seen my Fig Newtons? No? Oh well. Hmphhhh!
  • Matthewfalle
    Are fig newtons like fig rolls but only different branding?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

Oven cleaner and the perfect finishing touch to the surrounding errant springy bits: Veet is your answer.
  • Garry H

Yes. I still call them fig newtons, even though mine are from Lidl. I think they must be in that tin next to the food mixer.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:

Oven cleaner and the perfect finishing touch to the surrounding errant springy bits: Veet is your answer.
    How's the tache coming along?
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

Yes. I still call them fig newtons, even though mine are from Lidl. I think they must be in that tin next to the food mixer.

Food mixer? Ooooh, aren't you posh. The locals round this way still use buckets and sticks.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

Food mixer? Ooooh, aren't you posh. The locals round this way still use buckets and sticks.

Freebie. Wife got it from her granny.

I'm from Wales, couldn't even afford sticks back then.