On One Bish Bash Bosh

ride_whenever
ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
edited February 2017 in Your road bikes
After a long wait, due to a warranty replacement of my RT-90 I've finally finished my BBB to replace it:

BRvOnsT.jpg

More pics in gallery.

Frame: On One BBB - Large
Forks: On One BBB - 15mmQR
Bars: 3T ergonova team stealth
Stem: Deda Zero1 120mm
Headset: FSA No. 42
Bar Tape: Prologo Skintouch blue

Front Brake Lever: Force 22 Hydro inc caliper
Rear Brake Lever: Force 1 Hydro inc caliper

Rear Mech: Force 1 Long cage

Seat: Morgraw Forsage
Seat Post: Ergon CF3 Pro Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Home

Cranks: Force 1 170mm
Chainring(s): Sram 50t
Chain: SRAM X01 eagle
Cassette: Shimano M8000 11-42
Pedals: Shimano M520
Bottom Bracket: Sram GXP

Wheels: Hope SP-24 Blue
Rotor: Hope Blue 160mm
Tire: 40c Schwalbe G-one tubeless

Accessories: Stupid mudguards

Other: Custom Cable Routing, unused ports blocked with Sugru and exposed cables covered with helitape, helitape in wear areas.

Still to come: different stem (Zipp Sprint SL, xtr pedals, carbon ti bolt through axles)

Weight: Heavy

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Like that! Don't know if the Orange and Blue works/ Suppose it must in the flesh, bit like the Gulf schemes.
    First bike I ve seen with the new Hope 20's road disc wheelset, Whats your opinion on them?

Just noticed , Tyres 40c :shock: Must ride like a magic carpet.
  • Cheeky git... the blue works really well in the flesh, with the hubs, rotors, crank boots and other blue details it nicely comes together.

Also my bar tape choice was this of fluoro yellow fizik!

The hope wheels are fantastic, even though I went for the 24-sp version, they're still super stiff. They went tubeless perfectly happily with a track pump one handed, and obviously, the hubs are hope so they'll last until the cows come home. (A friend just built my oldest set, 8 years old, onto new carbon rims)

This is a seriously smooth bike, I ride on towpaths a lot, and the combination of 40c, tubeless, ergon post make it seriously seriously comfortable. There is a slight trade off in acceleration due to the wheel weight, but the rolling resistance is very low and the composure on the rough and the grip is astonishing.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    40c and guards what a frame. I've got a kinesis gf ti disc with 28s maxis pradones and guards want to go 30c s ones but reckon it will be tight on the fork.
    Im going to check out the hopes at the bike show next week against some Hunt's.
    Was only joking about your colour scheme actually really like that
  • Honestly, IDGAF about other hubs, if I were replacing them it would be with a hope/lightbike etc. Combo, but I'm not going back to tubes.

Time and time again I've strayed off the path of hope hubs, as have my similarly bastard fat friends. Each time we have returned, from shimano, salsa, halo, Chris King, dt Swiss, tune, novatech. Yes they might be cheaper, lighter faster but at the end of the day, hope have a set of hubs with parts going back 20 years, and the tool kit is predominantly a hammer and a hoover pipe.

That is worth its weight in gold (and tarty anodising) I will not stray again, they will always have my hub money, and if I'm not going carbon (and they haven't) then my rim money as well.

From the sounds of things we have different problems, I couldn't run less than 32/35 without it looking ridiculous. In your position, I'd go for a much wider rims and 28c's (tubeless) it'll give you a lot of the advantages of the bigger rubber without most of the weight and still leaving you room for mudguards. Obviously the fringe benefit is the tubeless allowing you to run sexy race day rubber all the time 8)

• Time and time again I've strayed off the path of hope hubs, as have my similarly bastard fat friends. Each time we have returned, from shimano, salsa, halo, Chris King, dt Swiss, tune, novatech. Yes they might be cheaper, lighter faster but at the end of the day, hope have a set of hubs with parts going back 20 years, and the tool kit is predominantly a hammer and a hoover pipe.

SO true...

still have to muster the silver to get a pair of Hope hubs for myself... I built hundreds of them for others, nobody ever had any problem with them
    left the forum March 2023