Wednesday that seems to think it's Thursday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,297
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Got the traditional mild Thursday hangover due to going out drinking last night, problem is it's only Wednesday. Perfect day for cycling to work today as the traffic was significantly worse than usual as they've shut the A316 for a stretch near here. I love that feeling of just breezing passed traffic with hardly any effort. Got to bunk off early as it's check up time at the dentist. Deep joy.
Pub later.

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Dentist trip, enjoy, remember to use a straw later to avoid spillage.

House exchanged and completed yesterday so desperately packing the house for the removal guys at 1pm. So naturally on here
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Feels like a Friday to me because I'm off for the next two days to move
    Flâneur wrote:
    House exchanged and completed yesterday so desperately packing the house for the removal guys at 1pm. So naturally on here

I wish I had paid for removals. Apparently the latest we might get the keys on Friday is 3:30pm and we have to give the keys for the rented house back at 5. This might be tight...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I'm alive! :D

Had this massive unexplained hypo in my sleep last night, luckily mrs T was reading so recognized the convulsions that preceded coma, she tested my blood glucose which was too low to register on the machine, she fed me two sachets of sugar, a tablespoon of honey, then after 15 minutes tested my blood again, it has to be above 70mg/dl, it was still only 23mg/dl, so three chocolate biscuits later, and a total of 60gms of pre sugar my blood glucose had risen to 139.

I lost memory of all of these events and as I returned to normal my vision was like looking down the wrong end of the binoculars (don't try this whilst driving, I did once :D ) I was already fully dressed including shoes, ready for a trip to the hospital if needed.

BG this morning was 150 (not 85 as it should be) even though I had injected the normal amount of insulin before bed, now in bed waiting for it to normalize before eating or moving! Think I might have a day off today.

Long story short what are cycling glucose gels made of, are they actually dextrose, or wussy sucrose/fructose mix, how many grams of carbohydrate in each one? I think I need to carry some around :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    team47b wrote:

Had this massive unexplained hypo in my sleep last night, luckily mrs T was reading so recognized the convulsions that preceded coma, she tested my blood glucose which was too low to register on the machine, she fed me two sachets of sugar, a tablespoon of honey, then after 15 minutes tested my blood again, it has to be above 70mg/dl, it was still only 23mg/dl, so three chocolate biscuits later, and a total of 60gms of pre sugar my blood glucose had risen to 139.

I lost memory of all of these events and as I returned to normal my vision was like looking down the wrong end of the binoculars (don't try this whilst driving, I did once :D ) I was already fully dressed including shoes, ready for a trip to the hospital if needed.

BG this morning was 150 (not 85 as it should be) even though I had injected the normal amount of insulin before bed, now in bed waiting for it to normalize before eating or moving! Think I might have a day off today.

Long story short what are cycling glucose gels made of, are they actually dextrose, or wussy sucrose/fructose mix, how many grams of carbohydrate in each one? I think I need to carry some around :D
    Well done Mrs T!!! :D She's our hero. Bit worrying that there was no reason hypo. Glad you're ok.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    Glad you're still with us Mr 47. Good job Mrs 47 noticed.
    good luck with the moving Flan and HM. Rather you than me, I can't be bothered with all the humping involved so I'd definitely get someone to do it.
    I think I've been let off the hook massively. I need to go to a classic car show in Denmark at the end of March for work to give technical support to a customer. It's the same weekend as the Battle of the Beach so I won't be able to make that, probably just as well.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Woah, glad you are ok!
    Veronese68 wrote:
    good luck with the moving Flan and HM. Rather you than me, I can't be bothered with all the humping involved so I'd definitely get someone to do it.

Not to worry, my dad and the Gf's dad are coming to help. Mine has a slipped disc and her's is waiting on a hip replacement so I think we will be moving the sofa first and settling them down with a few pints, doddery old b4stards... :wink:
  • benws1
    benws1 Posts: 415
    team47b wrote:

Type 1?

I feel for you. My fiancée is type 1 and we had a few horrible incidents when she was pregnant with our daughter a few years ago.

One was 3am when I woke up to her tossing and turning in bed. She then let out a horrible scream and was thrashing around. I rang for an ambulance and started rubbing sugar into her gums. Paramedic arrived 40 minutes later and put her on a drip. Like you, her blood sugar was incredibly low. Also, it transpired that she had screamed because she needed a pee and couldn't move to go.

I've also known her to have weird hypos where she has become aggressive and damn right scary. She started punching me once as I was trying to help her. As soon as the sugar kicked in, she was horrified at what she had done.

Dose carefully. :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    team47b wrote:

hurrah!

saved by choc biccies :)

gels vary

afaik fastest uptake is with a mix of glucose/fructose in 2:1 ratio, c. 90g/hour carbs is the figure typically quoted for such a mix
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Back to work today, took some time off due to some issues at home.

Might try for a ride to try and clear my head a little later on, we'll see.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    So Mrs 47B does love you!
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    saved by choc biccies :)
    I'd better eat some just in case then.
  • team47b
    Still here :D

Thanks for all your kind comments*

Need to make mrs T a hero badge :D

Still got really high numbers, liver glycogen has joined the party and is helping to raise my blood glucose, bit late NOW!!

*This IS bottom bracket, right?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Everything is feckin shit today.

That's all
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:
    Everything is feckin shoot today.

That's all
    Did John give you a blank this morning?
  • seanoconn
    CB06AD92-7F7C-4326-AD0D-4030764D59FA_zpsptjcm2r7.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    team47b wrote:

Is the bike ok?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon, dull day as per, stupidly cold out though which is never pleasant. Postman came and informed me Id not got into Ride London on ballot an gave me a jacket for my troubles, bit odd double layer affair only way I can describe it is like a Superdry affair with multiple zips, weird. Anyway feeling ropey today and being forced to do tonnes of work so not pleased.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    seanoconn wrote:
    CB06AD92-7F7C-4326-AD0D-4030764D59FA_zpsptjcm2r7.jpg

You can see the scar on his head where Garry had a previous attempt.

Not good T47. I guess the life insurance doesn't pay out until you're 65. Normally, you are in full control, so wossappenin?

I'm glad someone said it was Wednesday because if they hadn't, I wouldn't have a clue. Baling machinery has gone. Did I tell you that it went? No? Okay, the baling machinery has gone.

Holibobs Saturday. I'm going skiing in the Lake District. Not that I have an ski's but i'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

BTW, the baling machinery has gone and it's on it's way to Poland. Glad we don't have a returns policy.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Why is Phil Mitchell avoiding Garry?
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Why is Phil Mitchell avoiding Garry?

Look at the scar on his head. GH is a demented Welshman (is there any other type?). It wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that he escaped from Wales.
  • veronese68
    I once read somewhere that the word Welsh is derived from the ancient Saxon term 'Wealsh' meaning savages. Makes sense.
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:
    BLa bla...Long story short :D

Is the bike ok?

No bikes were harmed during this episode :D

The only thing I remember during the whole episode was looking at my bike and wondering why it was soooo far away :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Just escaping from work now. My head hurts due to too many complicated tax things so I had better cure that with cider when i get in. Pedalling tomorrow so a few more calories tonight wont matter :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    @team47b ... ells teeth man, glad you are ok. Give missus a pay rise...
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I once read somewhere that the word Welsh is derived from the ancient Saxon term 'Wealsh' meaning savages. Makes sense.

You're half right, it means foreigner or speaker of a foreign language in ancient germanic type languages. It's the same as "Walloon".

There you go V68. Live and learn, live and learn.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    T47b are you sure she didn't induce the coma first, so she could be the hero?

Long work meh day meant I missed going out with the local clubs night ride in the woods behind my house and then over to the local - gutted doesn't even begin to cover it
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    T47b are you sure she didn't induce the coma first, so she could be the hero?

Long work meh day meant I missed going out with the local clubs night ride in the woods behind my house and then over to the local - gutted doesn't even begin to cover it

If you don't keep your blood/alcohol levels up TLW, you might end up in a similar condition. Be careful.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    TLW1 wrote:
    Miss the ride and go straight to the pub?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Miss the ride and go straight to the pub?
    Do you really think he hadn't worked that out for himself?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    team47b wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    BLa bla...Long story short :D

Is the bike ok?

No bikes were harmed during this episode :D

The only thing I remember during the whole episode was looking at my bike and wondering why it was soooo far away :D

Glad to hear it re bikes. Next time I/O Lucozade or pork scratchings. One of the two. I/O rocks. You can also use the drill to hang pictures and do Drillium on bicycle components. You lot have paid for mine so I'll thank you for that now.

Then again, some "hospital doctor" will only come along and shout at me for making such a suggestion ........... I can hear it now: "pork scratchings? Ridiculous. Braw braw braw braw".

Did I mention that my diagnosis of man falling off bicycle onto hand injury was correct? Did I also mention that I am, in fact, Doogie Howser MD.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.