Scott Aspect 950 vs Calibre two two

Brw025
Brw025 Posts: 4
edited February 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi.

Can anyone help me out with the specs on these two bikes. Any views on which is the better bike / value for money? I've seen the Calibre has pretty decent reviews but don't know much about them.

https://www.evanscycles.com/scott-as...-bike-EV253415

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-...n-bike-p383858

Thanks in advance

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Scott has the absolute bare minimum fork for MTBing, the calibre fork is about 3 models better.

The calibre has much better drivetrain, better brakes and better tyres as well.

Knockout in the first round I'd say!

That said the Trott MTB is about the same again better than the calibre and is currently £390.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks for the reply The Rookie.

Are you referring to the Laura Trott range of women's bikes at Halfords?
  • Brw025 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply The Rookie.

Are you referring to the Laura Trott range of women's bikes at Halfords?

Yeah he is, his reply will be "its only stickers" or "you not man enough to ride it?" :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I ride with plenty of woman who have men's bikes. It doesn't seem to hassle them. As long as the bike does it's job.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I am, apart from the colours there is nothing female specific, it's a great deal and you could change the grips and fork stickers easily if wanted, for the value you get I could put aside minor issues to buy one but then I'm (in)famous at work for my Pink shirts.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks for the input.

I'll go have a look at one.
  • It's definitely a bargain, if it was sold as I mans bike would cost £100 more easily