Back to the usual routine Tuesday

crispybug2
crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
After spending a long weekend with my darling girl in the Limousin, having to deal with the increasing mental instability of my ex wife and childishly stupid French boyfriend, it's back to work and normality. The big lottery win to allow me to live a life of happy slacking failed to materialise again so have done an unenthusiastic turbo session, shower and am heading out the door

Does anyone know where I can buy some enthusiasm? I just can't summon up any at all

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Welcome to the unstable ex wife club :D

You have your health right? That's a win. Get yourself something nice for dinner, another win, buy a small gift for someone or treat yourself to something, another win. A happy life is a series of small wins and not pinning your hopes on something that might never happen in the future. Think of all the people and creatures who have already had their time in this world, we're lucky to be alive so enjoy it and don't worry about the crap that doesn't matter. :D

p:s That lottery win is mine! Hands off.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Not sure where to buy enthusiasm, but I suspect it's eye wateringly expensive and somebody will tell you the Wapha enthusiasm is much better.
    Managed to wobble in this morning, it was almost light when I set off. Probably not much going on around these parts today, just the usual silly questions.
    Bloody cheek! I just got interrupted by a customer calling to order something. Because I'm the only one here I had to talk to them. I feel unclean now.
    Out for beer and curry later with a few colleagues. If we mention work the company pays, so it may be mentioned briefly in passing.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    seanoconn wrote:

:D

Founding member here, as *Sean says focus on what you have, not on what you don't have and be grateful for these things.

Gonna bash some concrete today, destruction is fun :D

*What have they done with the real seanoconn?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • benws1
    benws1 Posts: 415
    Feeling a bit tired today. Think the last five and a bit weeks are catching up with me. Need a week off, but struggling to do it (as we know, cycling is addictive). May take it when I get my new bike at the weekend so I can do some fettling.

Speaking of bikes, my fiancée isn't too pleased. When I pick the Cube up on Saturday, I'll be the proud owner of five bikes. Bianchi ML3 Alu on a trainer, Coppi road bike gathering dust (needs to be sold), Raleigh Misceo 1.0 hybrid (current bike) and an old Raleigh hybrid thing that I rebuilt last year (gathering dust - needs to be sold). I can see her point as come Saturday, I'll be running out of room in the garage. Need to get two of them shifted.

Work wise - ar*ehole manager is away on training for three days. My colleague and I both officially complained about him on Friday. He was being rather quiet yesterday. Let's hope our complaint gets taken seriously. Not a lot for me to do at the minute as I'm just left to my own devices. Hoping stuff will pick up over the next week or so.
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

:D

Founding member here, as *Sean says focus on what you have, not on what you don't have and be grateful for these things.

Gonna bash some concrete today, destruction is fun :D

*What have they done with the real seanoconn?
    Alien abduction, anal probing, replaced by a handsome clone with a forked tongue. The usual.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    As Seanno says - its all about winning the small battles then sticking the middle finger up at The Man when you can. Essentially, if it isn't going to badly maim/kill you or your closest then don't worry about it - its all water off a duck's back.

Meanwhile, the rain has stopped, chilled out day approaching but Das Hound went man down yesterday and needed an op, so he's wandering around wimpering like 10,000 wimpering things. Will go and do a weights sesh, hang with Das Hound then carry on the day.

May even set up the gears on the Cervelo. Oooooo - now that's living the high life. Rock 'n' roll baby, rock 'n' roll.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    benws1 wrote:
    Work wise - ar*ehole manager is away on training for three days. My colleague and I both officially complained about him on Friday. He was being rather quiet yesterday. Let's hope our complaint gets taken seriously. Not a lot for me to do at the minute as I'm just left to my own devices. Hoping stuff will pick up over the next week or so.

Half tempted to do the same with mine.

Most days he rolls in late goes to the gym for an hour then has lunch an goes home early. Yesterday he was "working from another office" out of curiosity we checked the laptop IP. Non company so guessing he was at home as we couldn't get hold of him most of the day so likely out.

Anyway, morning. Damp Tuesday, appears we had a lot of rain going by the ornamental pond for a roundabout by me, last year it was resurfaced an appears the covered the drains, still makes things interesting.
    Day of minimal effort not feeling particularly bright blaming the better half as shes incurred some lurgy from her trainee minions serious lack of anything edible this morning on account of both being too lazy to shop last night so breakfast comprised of some custard creams. I wasn't allowed the pack for lunch some waffle about It not being sensible. Bah, anyway shopping tonight for food, consume some of said food and a zwift session.
  • benws1
    Step83 wrote:
    benws1 wrote:

Most days he rolls in late goes to the gym for an hour then has lunch an goes home early. Yesterday he was "working from another office" out of curiosity we checked the laptop IP. Non company so guessing he was at home as we couldn't get hold of him most of the day so likely out.

Ours lives locally during the week and his home is around 150 miles away. He turns up late most days. Mainly so on Monday mornings as he is driving back up from London. He then leaves early every Thursday and 'works from home' every Friday. Funny thing is though, you can't get hold of him most of Friday. He falls asleep in the office quite regularly too.

He gets a company car and company phone, but expects us to use personal devices for company work. He is full of bull mess and when he interviewed me 7 months ago, everything he told me about the job has turned out to be a load of rubbish. He hasn't allowed me to train for the new system we are supposed to support (even though he is away for training now), keeps sending me into departments where they have problems and expects me to fix them, and keeps doing stupid things like asking me to come in early for a meeting he can't attend (because he is at home), even if the meeting time has been changed.

He is an absolute moron. Apparently, he has been ringing and harassing my female colleague out of hours too. Keeps contacting her for pathetic non urgent work issues.

I nearly resigned last week. However, the structure here recently changed and someone who was made his manager has promised me change. It's odd though as we now have a Systems/IT manager, my manager who is the Systems manager and us. I really don't know why he is still considered to be our manager when the other chap should be.

Managed to get a show of unity last week though and asked my colleague if she wanted to join me for a complaint meeting. She said yes. We both went to see the Systems/IT manager, told him our grievances, he said he will try to do something and told us to leave it to him. Yesterday, my manager didn't say a word all day. He came in, did something, fell asleep, snapped at my colleague about something he has setup and left for us to while he is away, played with his phone for a while and didn't say a word to me all day. My other colleague said there was a distinct atmosphere in the office. I do wonder if someone has had a word with him. Didn't stop him being late and falling asleep again though.

Oh well. Work can be fun, can't it. :roll:
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    I've been in the unstable ex wives club for seventeen years now, I'm getting the hang of it now!!

The thing with last weekend was that this was the first time I've seen the ex and the boyfriend have a proper meltdown in front of me, I've been aware that they happen quite often but honestly, the pair of them act like a couple of f**king four year olds!!

I was relating this back to the natural blonde via Facebook messenger and she came back with this "How awful! Just been to the cinema and had a panini with Gracie, we're now sitting on the settee with a cup of hot chocolate each, under the giant blanket watching rubbish television. Not very rock and roll but I bet you'd settle for it now!"

Still on the plus side my girl will be going to university in Clermont Ferrand in August and that means I won't have to deal with my ex at all except for weddings etc.........not that I'm counting down the days;)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    benws1 wrote:

Shorted because scrolling

Fingers crossed then the complaint holds some water. Ours theres no point complaining they are good friends so soothing will occur there.
    Our one fails to realise that despite the privacy filters on his screen where his desk is means I can see what hes looking at (online shopping for trainers at present).
    Favourite was last Friday, claimed he didn't have a lunch break so instead of a 9AM start came in at 10:45AM, then went to the gym till 12 came back had lunch at 2PM an left at 4PM
    Usually takes his friend with him who does all the stats for the team. Funny nothing looks odd on them...
  • benws1
    Step83 wrote:
    benws1 wrote:

Shorted because scrolling

Fingers crossed then the complaint holds some water. Ours theres no point complaining they are good friends so soothing will occur there.
    Our one fails to realise that despite the privacy filters on his screen where his desk is means I can see what hes looking at (online shopping for trainers at present).
    Favourite was last Friday, claimed he didn't have a lunch break so instead of a 9AM start came in at 10:45AM, then went to the gym till 12 came back had lunch at 2PM an left at 4PM
    Usually takes his friend with him who does all the stats for the team. Funny nothing looks odd on them...

Oh dear. I know how bad these things can feel. Funnily enough, I left my last job because the manager was being abusive towards me.

I do hope the complaint holds up, but time will tell. The new head of the department hasn't been a manager for long and he only got promoted a few months ago. The previous setup we had wouldn't have yielded anything as my manager's boss didn't care. He has pretty much retired so was letting my boss do what he liked.

There was a distinct mood in the room yesterday so I'm hoping that was a result of a chat. Thing is, my boss is so un-professional though that he will take it all personally and will be angry with me and my colleague.

Still twiddling my thumbs as haven't been given anything specific to do today. Nobody around to give me anything so passing the time on here. :) What a silly state of affairs eh. I guess the fact that I can walk to this job makes it harder for me to want to move to something else.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    seanoconn wrote:
    Think of the rest of us with unstable current wives :)

Anyway not a bad day in the office as the top brass are in all day meetings. Have just demolished a nice lunch and am summoning up the required enthusiasm for my next meeting which isn't that difficult as its the advisors. If anyone wants some spare enthusiasm just let me know :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    benws1 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    benws1 wrote:

Ours lives locally during the week and his home is around 150 miles away. He turns up late most days. Mainly so on Monday mornings as he is driving back up from London. He then leaves early every Thursday and 'works from home' every Friday. Funny thing is though, you can't get hold of him most of Friday. He falls asleep in the office quite regularly too.

He gets a company car and company phone, but expects us to use personal devices for company work. He is full of bull mess and when he interviewed me 7 months ago, everything he told me about the job has turned out to be a load of rubbish. He hasn't allowed me to train for the new system we are supposed to support (even though he is away for training now), keeps sending me into departments where they have problems and expects me to fix them, and keeps doing stupid things like asking me to come in early for a meeting he can't attend (because he is at home), even if the meeting time has been changed.

He is an absolute moron. Apparently, he has been ringing and harassing my female colleague out of hours too. Keeps contacting her for pathetic non urgent work issues.

I nearly resigned last week. However, the structure here recently changed and someone who was made his manager has promised me change. It's odd though as we now have a Systems/IT manager, my manager who is the Systems manager and us. I really don't know why he is still considered to be our manager when the other chap should be.

Managed to get a show of unity last week though and asked my colleague if she wanted to join me for a complaint meeting. She said yes. We both went to see the Systems/IT manager, told him our grievances, he said he will try to do something and told us to leave it to him. Yesterday, my manager didn't say a word all day. He came in, did something, fell asleep, snapped at my colleague about something he has setup and left for us to while he is away, played with his phone for a while and didn't say a word to me all day. My other colleague said there was a distinct atmosphere in the office. I do wonder if someone has had a word with him. Didn't stop him being late and falling asleep again though.

Sounds like your existing manager may soon be displaced........tosspost knows he's toast or he's too thick to read the signs.

Just getting back into the work thing after a week in the Alps with family and a group of friends.............
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Matthewfalle
    Das Hound has passed out in my lap covered in his own claret, so I ain't going anywhere. Quel domage :)

Good job 6 music's alternative 90s is on - top top tunes.

Currently playing Novocain for the Soul. Utterly brilliant.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Missed Massive Attack and Portishead (boo!) but now Ronie Size so not too bad a recovery.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Teen Spirit has just come on. Sooooo many memories. Freakin' brilliant.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Elastica - wonderful.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Fantastic music, a dozing Hound and an ever increasing post count.

Success all round I believe.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    And I had a perfectly cooked steak with fresh salad for lunch.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Catalonia. Can this get any better.

Would I be a bad father if I failed to pick up the Bambini from school because I was snoozing with Das Hound watching tooooons on the Telly?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Polish bbloke buys baling equipment.
    Gulag Boss (me) waits 9 days for payment.
    Payment arrives.
    GB waits 17 days for transport instructions.
    Transport instructions come yesterday for Wednesday (tomorrow).
    GB books Manitou Company to extract baler like an old toof (for tomorrow).
    Manitou - £135 for call out and £35 ph after that.
    Transport turns up at 16.04 today !!
    GB phones Manitou Bloke on the off chance... Thing is, we're now talking overtime after 5pm :roll:
    [GB agreed to pay to get baling equipment on to truck. Buyer pays the rest.]
    MB agrees to turn up.
    MB is Dad to a kid I coach TT and the boss of Manitou/digger hire company. Whaddya know?

£40 later (and a bottle of wine for his troubles), baling equipment gone. It's gone. Did I tell you? It's gone. :D:D:D
    I would jump up and down a bit but I haven't got the energy. it's almost like that first glass of vino at the end of a very long day except without the vino.
  • Matthewfalle
    It's gone! Huzzah!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    Does anyone know where I could lay my hands on some baling equipment? I've been looking for ages. I'll pay any price and will arrange transport.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yay!
  • Garry H
    seanoconn wrote:
    Does anyone know where I could lay my hands on some baling equipment? I've been looking for ages. I'll pay any price and will arrange transport.
    I have a Manitou, you can borrow it, for free.
  • Thought I'd check in, been skiing and stuff so y'know...

Hotel is excellent and the food is top drawer. Tonight's dinners was salad, steak tartare with quail egg, some Austrian soup then medium cooked duck breast with fancy healthy stuff. Utterly amazing food!

Resort could do with a bit of snow but is holding up ok.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Thought I'd check in, been skiing and stuff so y'know...

Hotel is excellent and the food is top drawer. Tonight's dinners was salad, steak tartare with quail egg, some Austrian soup then medium cooked duck breast with fancy healthy stuff. Utterly amazing food!

Resort could do with a bit of snow but is holding up ok.
    Which hotel HD? (We promise not to visit)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    It's gone! Huzzah!

Mixed feelings - you know, a bit like the MIL driving off a cliff in your own Ferrari.

Although we are still playing middle man for waste, I can no longer genuinely say "i'm in the waste management bizness" as we are on the fringes and I can't boss the minions around but I don't have to put up with long hours, filthy work, servicing machinery, undoing blockages in the conveyor (fucking straws, bottle tops, tin lids, jar tops, nappies, glass, swizzle sticks]... except, I won't have to deal with coercive, unsympathetic, corrupt council and their manipulative nepotistic ways.
    Never mind the commitment to all our customers and the goodwill we built up that's evaporating.
    Gone street cred and power but hello freedom and choice.
    Feedback West of the region was scant, feedback East was excellent when we stopped collecting cans.

0 indemnity points incurred over 11 years of servicing public bring banks (indemnities are incurred when an upheld complaint is registered)
    3 National Gold Star recycling awards.
    4 years self sufficient - no grants or funding.
    2 years fulfilled service level agreements for less than £16k.
    73.798 tons of aluminium recycled
    119.325 tons of steel
    67740 litres of waste cooking oil recycled.
    118 IBC's and counting...

8.25 million cans...
  • Garry H
    And a partridge in a pear tree :wink: