2017 cube stereo 160

japower1990
japower1990 Posts: 45
edited February 2017 in Your mountain bikes
Screen%20Shot%202017-02-04%20at%2014.53.58_zpsqdnw9jim.png

just ordered this after selling my cube stereo 120 :D just playing the dreaded waiting game now until it arrives.

looking forward to the 27.5 wheels as apposed to my 29er and trying out the dropper post which I've never used.

i contemplated on canyons and yt's etc but decided i'd stick with cube as i couldn't really fault the last one (apart from the shock bolt coming undone :roll: ).

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    tis a nice bike, friend has the team issue 160
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Nice! How was the 120? It seems like a good spec for the price, but was talking to a sales guy in a LBS today who was trying to sell me a hardtail whyte instead saying the cube frames are good but the components will 'fall apart' on the cube 120 as it's a 'budget' full suspension. I think he was just trying to sell me what he had in stock as they didn't have the 120.
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • jamski wrote:
    Nice! How was the 120? It seems like a good spec for the price, but was talking to a sales guy in a LBS today who was trying to sell me a hardtail whyte instead saying the cube frames are good but the components will 'fall apart' on the cube 120 as it's a 'budget' full suspension. I think he was just trying to sell me what he had in stock as they didn't have the 120.

It was a top bike in my opinion but i am in no way an expert. Im still fairly new to the mtb scene. i was told the same thing when buying the 120 though, because you pay more for the full suspension frame, you lose the quality in the components. but as far as anything falling to pieces goes, i never had any trouble. maybe i just need to ride a bit harder :roll: haha.
  • I've got the 2016 version which is basically the same. Omg the bike is incredible, don't know why people pay more for lesser spec other brands. The improvement I've made has been huge it goes absolutely anywhere you point it.

Get it tubeless as I noticed the difference with the weight believe it or not.

Enjoy you'll love it.
  • So after ordering the bike, I was then told it wouldn't be here in time for my biking weekend at the beginning of march. Off I went for a drive and managed to find this , the last one in stock and in my size, and a considerable amount cheaper.

I think I'll be cancelling the order and keeping this .
    IMG_5407_zpsravvghb1.jpg
  • That's exactly what I have. Seriously it's friggen amazing.

Only difference to the 2016 and 2017 model is that the 2017 has guide rs brakes whereas the 2016 has guide r also the 2016 is about 1kg lighter. I love my bike :). Enjoy

B418205F-291A-4454-A608-54DE36CEA866.jpg