Build the Ark, Sunday is washing me away

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Ciao

Blimey - it hasn't rained this hard and long for months.definitly no riding or throwing things into next doors garden for me.

Just finishing coffee then off to the gym for me - may well do some cabling on the Cervelo upon my return.

ciao for now.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    We stayed over at some friends last night and I'm now bored and waiting for them to wake up and cook me a nice full English

Then it's off to pick the rugrats up from my parents and back home for more wood cutting and maybe a run
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    We stayed over at some friends last night and I'm now bored and waiting for them to wake up and cook me a nice full English

Then it's off to pick the rugrats up from my parents and back home for more wood cutting and maybe a run

Did you pop car keys in a fruit bowl of was it a pre-arranged swap?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Out later on bike whilst contemplating new bike. CX or road bike.

Both
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    oxoman wrote:
    Currently getting ready to be driven to dispair by my eldest learning to drive, whilst taking his little brother to football assuming it's not cancelled. Out later on bike whilst contemplating new bike. CX or road bike. Arghh. Enjoy your Sunday folks.
    If you get one of those CX bikes with roadie gearing and internal cables you can swap they tyres over and have a sort of 2 in 1 bike. But that's too sensible for the BB so just buy two and don't tell the wife.

Hopefully an uneventful Sunday - may do a packing list for next weekend if I get bored - otherwise I'm bound to forget something obvious. Later may involve listening to football.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks, the traditional slow start is being had. Should probably do something constructive now. Off to the 'rents later for scoff. Other than that nothing planned, might go for a pint later.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Cheers lads, suspect the financial controller in the house might have a strop. AKA the wife. I like the Cube Attain GTC pro disc carbon but I'm wondering if it would do gravel tracks and fields with 28s fitted.
    If you're doing fields and grassy stuff you'll probably need knobblies and decent clearance on the forks for when its muddy so I reckon you're better going with a CX bike and retrofitting smooth 25's for the road. Also CX bikes are a bit tougher. Something like the Boardman CX?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Stevo is right there. I built my CX up from a frame with road gearing. I'm sure a pure road bike would be no quicker with me on board and with off road tyres can handle quite a lot. You'd want at least 32mm plus clearance for knobbles and a bit of mud.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    ...Boardman CX?

Pfffft.

Go for the Cannondale slate, great reviews:

CDale-Slate-small-1.jpg

Or... How about something a little more upmarket Off road cred, street cred, pretty...

Wilier Gravel:

DSC01468-630x419.jpg

Me prevaricating me. Sun keeps popping in and out. Yesterday's and last night's downpour will be omnipresent when I get out on the bike later.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    8) And so it begins. Packed, neighbours due in 45 to take us to station en route LHR for 3+ weeks of southern hemisphere summer. Get in. Enjoy the UK weather you lot.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Nice two hour ride, bike now covered in shite.

Sharing a tuna salad with the cat. Cat's don't like olives.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    ...Boardman CX?

Pfffft.

Go for the Cannondale slate, great reviews:

CDale-Slate-small-1.jpg

Or... How about something a little more upmarket Off road cred, street cred, pretty...

Wilier Gravel:

DSC01468-630x419.jpg

Me prevaricating me. Sun keeps popping in and out. Yesterday's and last night's downpour will be omnipresent when I get out on the bike later.

Laters.

I want one of those slates. No mincing about with that one.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Nice two hour ride, bike now covered in shite.

Sharing a tuna salad with the cat. Cat's don't like olives.

Impress the cat and lick yourself clean (and pull the fur out from between your toes with your teeth).
  • Pinno wrote:

Impress the cat and lick yourself clean (and pull the fur out from between your toes with your teeth).

Or simply get run over when the neighbour reverses over you...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H
    Hey Pinno. John Hartson now lives half a mile away from me. I saw him on Friday.(You better be impressed with that, because no other fokker on here was :cry: )
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    TLW1 wrote:

Did you pop car keys in a fruit bowl of was it a pre-arranged swap?

That would have been painful as they are a g@y couple
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Classic car meeting at the beach this morning, sunny 18c great day for it, saw a nice black Karmann Gaia and an old Opel Olympia convertible.

'Safty was mixing and throwing a bit of cement at a wall, well it's an hour innit :D

Might have to visit the Douro when the sun hits the horizon or ducks behind my garden wall whichever is sooner.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Hey Pinno. John Hartson now lives half a mile away from me. I saw him on Friday.(You better be impressed with that, because no other fokker on here was :cry: )

The baldy slap head who played for Celtic? That's fabalus boyo. The problem is, if he attracts other notables, you won't get a coffee in your village for less than a tenner and the streets will be riddled with Range Rovers.
    I hope he doesn't end up running you over.
  • Matthewfalle
    Well, he's not exactly a notable is he?

And judging from the state of him his residence in the village is likely to affect to affect coffee prices than to cause a drought of pies .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry, at least you're not the only Welshman in the village.
  • pinno
    Well, he's not exactly a notable is he?

'Notable' is a very subjective thing. I mean 'roun' here, there's the legend of Wee Lachie McGloughlin who took Big Bawdy Heed Malky oot o' the fitba club bar yon nicht and kicked his coupon in some 20 years ago. Then he drank 3 bottles of whisky and still daunered hame. He's a fookin' star.