Cube Stereo 140?

Roo76
Roo76 Posts: 21
edited February 2017 in MTB buying advice
HI all, I currently ride a 2010 GT sensor 2.0 thats starting to show it age a bit so i'm fancying something new.
I've been looking at the cube stereo hpa 140 pro http://www.tweekscycles.com/clearance/clearance-bikes/cube-stereo-140-hpa-pro-full-suspension-mountain-bike-27-5-inch-2016
seems pretty nicely specced for the price? not sure what i'm looking at regarding the suspension though to be honest.
I usually ride (fairly slowly :lol: ) at greno, stainburn, hamsterley or the peaks.
Would this be suitable? anything else about for similar / preferably less money?
Thanks.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Read this? http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... -15-48934/

Personally I'd look at a Trance first though in that category or perhaps something shorter travel given your suggested usage.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Roo76
    I have, I've read loads of reviews and not found a bad one so far... Any particular reason to pick the giant over the cube? Just personal preference? Or better frame/parts?
    Thanks.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Cube is like an Audi. It's difficult to find any actual faults but it's just not particularly engaging, lively or exciting. Also popular with estate agents and accounts.
    The Giant has an absolutely superb frame. One of the best rear suspension set ups. Extremely efficient yet sensitive and lively.
  • I have a Cube Stereo 120 29er and its great fun, the best bike I ever owned. The front wheel grip is amazing it really gives me the confidence to push it in the tight turns and berms and ploughs through anything in its path even with the relatively short travel suspension. I cant comment on the 140mm 650b model but should be just as good and I doubt it will disappoint. (-:
  • Roo76
    Thanks all, ordered the cube the giant just wasn't doing it for me. Hopefully it will prove to be a good call.