Prime Rims

kangarouge
kangarouge Posts: 210
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
Does anyone have any experience using Prime Rims that Chain Reaction now seem to be stocking?

Comments

• Kangarouge wrote:
    Does anyone have any experience using Prime Rims that Chain Reaction now seem to be stocking?

I wondered that myself. Was interested in the 38mm Carbon Clinchers, but info is reasonably hard to come by.
  • Perhaps they haven't been stocking them for very long yet and so there are few reviews. I did a little trawl on the internet and found Prime are a big producer of car wheels. I presume it's the same company and so possibly venturing into new markets, for them.

Would still appreciate any info though.
  • Look OK, except for the ghastly logos... not cheap though
    left the forum March 2023
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    They're probably the same rim as Wiggle's Cosine wheels?
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 282
    IrishMac wrote:
    They're probably the same rim as Wiggle's Cosine wheels?

I think the Carbon rims are wider than wiggles cosine carbon rims and I think the prime ones may be tubeless compatible as well unlike the cosine.

The prime alloy rims are alex rims i think
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Kangarouge wrote:
    Perhaps they haven't been stocking them for very long yet and so there are few reviews. I did a little trawl on the internet and found Prime are a big producer of car wheels. I presume it's the same company and so possibly venturing into new markets, for them.

Would still appreciate any info though.

I would doubt very much if they're the same company, Prime is simply a name that CRC picked for the wheel range, they're most likely made in a factory in China/Taiwan to CRC specs and stickered accordingly.
  • Many thanks for all the responses. Some interesting information supplied. Cheers.
  • ccc
    ccc Posts: 193
    Kangarouge wrote:

Should be able to give you some feedback in the next few days as these turned up today..

Whats_App_Image_2017_02_02_at_16_12_11.jpg
    Eyes on the prize.
  • I've ordered the RP38 38mm Carbon clinchers, so I'll know soon enough.

£656 with BC discount, so not outrageous....