Iphone 7 users - is it noticeably better than 6S?

davesnothere
davesnothere Posts: 620
edited January 2017 in The cake stop
Need to upgrade my personal phone. I already have a 6S for work - this suits my needs other than memory not big enough but i will get larger memory with upgrade

My question is, is it worth the extra few quid a month to get the 7 over the 6S? Is it significantly faster/better/cooler/prettier? Is battery life comparable? My 6S just about lasts the day, i have read that 7 is slightly heavier on battery

Mindful that i will have it for 2 years or so and they will be on iPhone 9 or 10 by the time i get my next one i think probably yes

All useful opinions welcome (other than the apple fanboi type ones) Thanks
GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    It's an iPhone. Therefore cack.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • It's not massively different from the 6S. The design is identical for a start. Both run iOS10.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Do you Need to upgrade though ? I cant see theres been much innovation of late with phones. My 2yr contract expired so I'm calls and data only now and saving dosh.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    SecretSam wrote:
    It's an iPhone. Therefore cack.

What counts as good? I dislike Apple, but I also dislike Google. It makes choosing a phone tricky.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    I bought an iPhone7 Plus yesterday. Very happy with my purchase.

Upgraded from a 6s. Camera(s) is so much better. Much better speakers. Landscape mode is great.

I wouldn't have upgraded to a 7 from a 6s.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    No headphone jack on the 7!
  • ryan_w-2
    No headphone jack on the 7!

Comes with Apple adapter.

• Fenix wrote:
    Do you Need to upgrade though ? I cant see theres been much innovation of late with phones. My 2yr contract expired so I'm calls and data only now and saving dosh.

Yes, need to upgrade my personal phone which is a 5S and is on it's last legs. I've been putting up with it for a few months but it now keeps turning itself off all the time so time to upgrade
  • ryan_w-2
    I've got a brand new and unlocked 128gb iPhone 6s in space grey going cheap... ;)

• Ryan_W wrote:
    I've got a brand new and unlocked 128gb iPhone 6s in space grey going cheap... ;)

May be interested

You have PM