Choose Tuesday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
Day off today :D

Gonna laze about all day, just to see what it's like.
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    You may have a day off but you seem to be up before anyone else on here. More motivation for a day off perhaps, or was it the bladder that forced you to get up?
    A tad moist out there, no rain, just really fine drizzle. Riding in was much quicker than driving would have been though. Getting really fed up with this poxy cough though, been lingering for over a month. Maybe I should start smoking, at least I'd have a reason to cough. Oh well, should probably answer customer's emails now.
    onwards, to mediocrity...
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I chose to make the most of the diabolical weather and detour my journey to work via the downs for some mud and off road cyclocross style fun.

the wet, slippy, mud rain wind combo .. I can cope with that .... doing it in the pitch black if the bit that makes it hard .... I need MORE lights
  • team47b wrote:
    Day off today :D

Gonna laze about all day, just to see what it's like.

Its like working from home, but without the pay.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You may have a day off but you seem to be up before anyone else on here. More motivation for a day off perhaps, or was it the bladder that forced you to get up?
    A tad moist out there, no rain, just really fine drizzle. Riding in was much quicker than driving would have been though. Getting really fed up with this poxy cough though, been lingering for over a month. Maybe I should start smoking, at least I'd have a reason to cough. Oh well, should probably answer customer's emails now.
    onwards, to mediocrity...
    You're not coughing again are you! The missus must be sick of you at night time.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Collecting the wife's Polish relatives from the station this morning. I mostly only know Polish chat up lines so should be some interesting conversation.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    You're not coughing again are you! The missus must be sick of you at night time.
    Yes, but that's nothing to do with the coughing.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Yes, but that's nothing to do with the coughing.
    Boom boom. You're wasted on here v68.
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    It's almost 9am and it still looks like it's dark out there, very strange. Meant to be even colder next week by all accounts too.

On the plus side, the office heating has finally been fixed
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You may have a day off but you seem to be up before anyone else on here.

"Up" may be a bit of an assumption :D
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    seanoconn wrote:
    Collecting the wife's Polish relatives from the station this morning. I mostly only know Polish chat up lines so should be some interesting conversation.

Sometimes you wish you could be a fly on the wall...

Naff all occurring today dust has settled from yesterdays mayhem some managers deposited themselves opposite me so I cant have my customary dozes every 20 minutes have to avoid contact though they are one of those people with glasses like bottles, awkward day ahoy.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Office day again today, yawn. One of the guys higher up than me seems to fundamentally misunderstand something which we base long term things on because he is too bogged in detail, he wont listen to me because I'm beneath him so he is going to cause a fuss and make himself look like a fool. He's frustrating but amusing at the same time
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Choose Wife. Choose no job. Choose a breakfast. Choose a spread for your toast. Choose a modest smart phone, choose not to do laundry every day. Choose bubble cars, cassette players and solar cookers. Choose avoiding sickness and diarrhoea, high carbs, and dentures. Choose a tent with no mortgage or a condo in a country where property is cheaper than a pair of Vittoria tubs. Choose a starter tent. Choose your friends. Choose old bike frames and matching cables. Make a three-piece hammock set without hire purchase in a range of f*cking materials. Choose DIY and wondering why the f*ck you didn't do this when you were younger on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch posting replies to mind-numbing, spirit-crushing brethren of the politically correct hell bent on being morally superior to you: stuffing canapè's and expensive gels from Rapha into their mouths. Choose rotting away in an environmentally sound compost heap at the end of it all, pishing your last on a miserable red neck xenophobic tourist, nothing more than a two fingered salute to the well to do and the f*cked up brats they spawned to replace themselves. Choose leaving a wad of cash to the WWF instead so that they can't buy a fuel guzzling, leather clad Chelsea tank and feel like they have climbed the social ladder whilst pushing minimalism to the absolute, ridding themselves of books, culture and feelings.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

I was going to prune the Apple trees but it's blowing a hooley.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Choose overgrown apple trees
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    Choose Wife. Choose no job. Choose a breakfast. Choose a spread for your toast. Choose a modest smart phone, choose not to do laundry every day. Choose bubble cars, cassette players and solar cookers. Choose avoiding sickness and diarrhoea, high carbs, and dentures. Choose a tent with no mortgage or a condo in a country where property is cheaper than a pair of Vittoria tubs. Choose a starter tent. Choose your friends. Choose old bike frames and matching cables. Make a three-piece hammock set without hire purchase in a range of f*cking materials. Choose DIY and wondering why the f*ck you didn't do this when you were younger on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch posting replies to mind-numbing, spirit-crushing brethren of the politically correct hell bent on being morally superior to you: stuffing canapè's and expensive gels from Rapha into their mouths. Choose rotting away in an environmentally sound compost heap at the end of it all, pishing your last on a miserable red neck xenophobic tourist, nothing more than a two fingered salute to the well to do and the f*cked up brats they spawned to replace themselves. Choose leaving a wad of cash to the WWF instead so that they can't buy a fuel guzzling, leather clad Chelsea tank and feel like they have climbed the social ladder whilst pushing minimalism to the absolute, ridding themselves of books, culture and feelings.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

I was going to prune the Apple trees but it's blowing a hooley.

Laters.
    Choose to start composing a post at 9:30 and be finished 2 hours later.
  • Out and about. Waxing tonight. Lamb. Possibly wine, who knows...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    Out and about. Waxing tonight. Lamb. Possibly wine, who knows...

You will find it easier with shears :D
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Not even a spot of morning glory?
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I regretted using that word as I pressed submit :D
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I thought somebody else would go there as it was so well set up. You can lead a horse to water...
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I thought somebody else would go there as it was so well set up. You can lead a horse to water...

...but a pencil must be lead.

Still lazing about, I unscrewed a tap measured the fitting and screwed the tap back on, day's work over, I could qualify as a professional plumber, in need of tea now, V68 pass the virtual biscuits :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Choose cider :) Rather than a cut n paste from Trainspotting :wink:

No dodgy geezers involved as Arfur Daley had to cancel. But as I have a leave out...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    V68 pass the virtual biscuits :D
    Ginger nuts or bourbons?
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    V68 pass the virtual biscuits :D
    Ginger nuts or bourbons?

Mmm extra arm, extra leg?

Bourbon.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Spent most of the day watching a damp dreary day outside while sitting with my leg up. Visit from a work colleague this afternoon and some cycling on the telly. Slightly wishing discovery and sky had kissed and made up before i spent twenty quid on a eurosport pass. Now listening to 6 music and deciding whether i can be arsed to get up again and cut myself some cake...