Unimportant questions that need answers.

part time waster
part time waster Posts: 244
edited March 2017 in The cake stop
I have pondered why when I wash the duvet with other items they all end up inside it when I open the machine.
Anyone worked this out yet ?

Comments

• SME
    SME Posts: 348
    It happens to me too - don't know why.
    Also...
    T-shirts turn inside out.
    Odd socks come out when (I swear) both went in.
    And I know I emptied the pockets of that tissue!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    I have pondered why when I wash the duvet with other items they all end up inside it when I open the machine.
    Button up the duvet cover before putting it in the machine.
    You are welcome. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Have you tried climbing in the duvet cover while it's in the washer to see what's going on.
  • Maybe I could try putting all the other stuff inside before I was it.
    When the wash is done it might have emptied itself out.
    Mind blowing
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Why do unattended headphones tangle up into tiny knots ready for when you need them?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Why do unattended headphones tangle up into tiny knots ready for when you need them?

It's the ghost of Steve Jobs wanting you to buy overly expensive buds.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069

It's the same buggers who do your Christmas tree lights.

I want to know why photocopiers always jam when you are in a rush...
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Why does a Garmin auto-resume quicker than it auto-pauses. My avg speed needs all the help it can get
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Why is it that when you do your wife you get a baby boy yet when you have aw ank you don't get a baby hand?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    FishFish wrote:
    Why is it that when you do your wife you get a baby boy yet when you have aw ank you don't get a baby hand?
    You're not enough of a w@nker, look at Donald Trump, tiny baby hands.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Why does ice cream taste so good?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    What is an Occasional Table the rest of the time?
  • veronese68
    What is an Occasional Table the rest of the time?
    A stool, closely followed by firewood.
  • smoggysteve
    Why are the most painful things the least harmful? I.e. Paper cut, stubbed toe, hangnail . Much more painful than say breaking a limb or getting shot.
  • benws1
    benws1 Posts: 415
    FishFish wrote:

The sock is a form of contraception.

I did my fiancée and we had a baby girl. Weird!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    Why are the most painful things the least harmful? I.e. Paper cut, stubbed toe, hangnail . Much more painful than say breaking a limb or getting shot.
    Well last time I stubbed my toe properly I'm pretty sure I did break it.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • smoggysteve
    benws1 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Make-this-adorable-sock-puppet-in-just-10-minutes.jpg

Is this your fiancée by any chance?
  • benws1
    benws1 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Make-this-adorable-sock-puppet-in-just-10-minutes.jpg

Is this your fiancée by any chance?

Indeed it is. :)

I told her that with her assets, we need to setup a website. 8)
  • It's got out of hand !
    Are these socks available to buy ?
  • benws1
    It's got out of hand !
    Are these socks available to buy ?

I have a few second-hand ones if you are interested?

Sometimes, I get so rough with myself that I need a second hand.
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407

How rigorous is your observation? Do they ALL end up inside, or just some?
  • I have a washing machine quandry also. Why have my bib shorts and leg warmers come out of the washing machine covered in short wiry grey hairs?

oh yes, its because my wife has been washing F£%KING HORSE BLANKETS in the washing machine :x :x
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • ukiboy
    ukiboy Posts: 891
    I'll get flamed for this question no doubt but one thing that I've always wondered about is why the right wing opinion (not necessarily the far right opinion, just the right opinion), is so often poo poo-ed and ridiculed, while the left wing view is championed.
    It manifests itself often when WW2 history is discussed; Stalin and his vile regime was every bit as bad as Hitlers and yet communism is accepted while fascism is not. Walk down Camden Market with a hammer & sickle t-shirt and you'll not get any attention. Walk down the same road with a hakenkreuz t-shirt and you'll have a lot of explaining to do..
    Outside the rat race and proud of it
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    The ideas behind communism are much more romantic than the ideas behind fascism I'd imagine, whether in practice more people died is irrelevant to someone who might be inclined to wear a hammer and sickle.
  • ukiboy
    Fair enough, that makes sense. So the romanticism of a movement will overcome the intrinsic evil involved. Communism = airy fairy romantic movement that appeals to lots, in spite of the numbers of people killed. Fascism = evil ideology, on the losing side too, which helps, and it was primarily concerned with extermination of whole population groups. Evil s***s!
    Oh hang on! Communism was all about that too..
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    pottssteve wrote:

It's the same buggers who do your Christmas tree lights.

I'd like to know why the christmas tree lights when untangled and laid out on the carpet, function perfectly when plugged in to test them, but when they are on the tree and it's all nicely decorated, wait until 7:30PM on christmas eve before every other bulb goes out.
  • smoggysteve
    ukiboy wrote:
    Fair enough, that makes sense. So the romanticism of a movement will overcome the intrinsic evil involved. Communism = airy fairy romantic movement that appeals to lots, in spite of the numbers of people killed. Fascism = evil ideology, on the losing side too, which helps, and it was primarily concerned with extermination of whole population groups. Evil s***s!
    Oh hang on! Communism was all about that too..

Communism was based on Marxism which is a peacful ideal which has everyone sharing the wealth proportionately. It was capitalism that was seen as evil. The fact that the communist regime was ran by a psychopath maniac who had a habit of killing his own people in the millions kind of makes it look bad but the idea itself isn't evil. Wheras Facism is pure hatred of a minority or minorities.
  • ukiboy
    Makes perfect sense! I'm sure the many millions who perished in the Holodomor will sleep soundly in their graves knowing that the ideology that killed them was more benign than the evil ideology that killed the millions in the Holocaust..
  • smoggysteve
    Communism works perfectly well in China, North Korea, Cub.....oh wait!
  • veronese68
    ukiboy wrote:
    Makes perfect sense! I'm sure the many millions who perished in the Holodomor will sleep soundly in their graves knowing that the ideology that killed them was more benign than the evil ideology that killed the millions in the Holocaust..
    The ideology didn't kill them, people did. As was written but you ignored the ideology is basically peaceful, the lunatics at the top weren't.