Woodman Components Stem Model ??

ascurrell
ascurrell Posts: 1,739
edited January 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me with identifying the model and any other details of the following stem.
I am going to sell it so any info will be really appreciated, Many thanks Scurry

DSCI1662.jpg

DSCI1663.jpg
DSCI1665.jpg

Comments

• It might be a really old model that's not listed anywhere anymore. Might also be an OEM model that isn't sold separately. What really matters is the length and weight of the stem, and some pictures for reference about the rise (unless you can accurately measure it). At the end of the day, the important thing is finding a person interested in a stem that looks like this, has these parameters and costs whatever you ask for it.
    And in all honesty, the 10 dollar alu stems from China work just as well, so I wouldn't ask too much for it.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, measure the holes as well. It's hard to get a real idea about the size of that thing and knowing what fork and bars this is made for is kinda important. Might be a BMX stem for all I know - lots of them are boxy as opposed to round.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There are a number of similar cheap generic stems, they are usually pretty heavy as well.

Just get the basic measurements as CD sais, bar diameter (looks 25.4mm), length between the hole centres, steerer diameter (28.6mm or 1 1/8" almost certainly) and a guesstimate of the rise angle.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ascurrell
    Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. I believe it is for 25.4mm bar. It is pretty sturdy 467 grams ! I have found similar looking Woodman Components stems but none with the strengthenin struts [if that's what they are called]. Yes I think it is a few years old and possibly for BMX [Downhill?] I may be wrong but looks CNC made, which back then were expensive.
    I've no problem listing just would like a model to list it as. Again many thanks, LimitedGarry & The Rookie
    Cheers, Scurry
  • ascurrell
    Looks like it's a CNC made Woodman components Rockster stem [see link] Thanks again guys, Scurry

http://www.terapeak.com/worth/woodman-t ... 966564548/
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Half a kilo for a stem?

I'm no weight weenie, but that's an anchor.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    cooldad wrote:
    Half a kilo for a stem?

I'm no weight weenie, but that's an anchor.

Holy crap. Is it made from lead?
  • The Rookie
    Tungsten I would think!

My current stem is 88g........less than 1/5 the weight of that one!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ascurrell
    Sorry my mistake, it's a lot lighter than that, it is actually only 437 grams lol.

I'm more into road stuff and know little about off road, I'm sure there was a reason for it [what ever that was].
    I looked on the Weightweenies site and there are a few Woodman Components stems all heavy but they're all shorter ones, this one is 100mm.
    I think they should have named it not Rockster but Woodmans Girder ,

Thanks all, Scurry
  • The Rookie
    Its probably worth a fair bit as scrap with that much to weigh in!