Why can't I see a Monday thread

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
well?

Anyway, new minion starting today. House exchange should be today. Picking up the new coffee machine for my office from Waitrose later. probably buy some coolant at the same time as I haven't looked at why that is bleeding (750ml every 2 weeks I reckon)

Anyway weekend wasn't bad, ended with some skanky club in a local town but it was a barrel of laughs. Failed to get on a bike as I had to drive north for the day on Sunday.

Gym later, now time for tea or coffee, whatever I can raid.

CIao
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, congrats on the house exchange. I have to sign some stuff this week so maybe something will finally be set in stone with ours...

In the office today, presenting a proposal for something I've been working on for months so I've been in since half 6 frantically typing, deleting and retyping the same email over and over again. Good times.

Still feeling a bit groggy from a mate's birthday weekend in Aviemore which is certainly not helping things
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Flâneur wrote:
    well?
    Because you hadn't started one yet of course, did nobody tell you it was your turn?
    Happy Monday folks,
    Amazed it didn't rain on the way in, I was sure the weekend's fettling would make it rain. Lovely quiet drivetrain as well, the gears even shifted when they were supposed to. Hoping for a quiet and trouble free day in the office today, doubt it will happen though. Second cup of tea has been drunk, coffee next.
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Typical Monday morning, all rush and tear to get things done that people should have done Friday but the temptation of an early clock out proved too strong lol
    Didn't manage to get a ride in on the weekend so thinking of braving whatever weather comes tonight and popping out for an hour
  • Eurgh...
    Friday. Beer.
    Saturday. Meal out, beer.
    Sunday, the lads came round for bacon at 11 so we washed it down with beer. by 9pm we were all flagging so called it a day.
    But a good birthday weekend was had by all and we even got the house tidied this morning before work.

Now the countdown to skiing next weekend begins!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Cycled in today - wasn't too bad. Went to gym, re-entered the world: mist, fog, rain. Grim. Don't know why I bothered.

Apart from the, nice and chilled out day so all good.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Off up the road to get my ears lowered as it's a bit warmer this week. Helmet was getting rather tight when worn with a cap, very good for keeping the head warm though.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Someone broke Monday at work, multiple server outage including the one that auths logins! People can login now just not much else, so no printing emails and half the phone systems rolled over an died. Yay for Mondays!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    First drive today. Felt wierd after 2 months off. Done the Velo accounts for the AGM and handed them in to be certified. We also are waiting to exchange so will log on later to see if their solicitor has come up with any more stoopid stuff about boundary fences and noise pollution...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Me banging in the bus me. Really need to get this damn job out of the way but some other tw@t want's a job done for him after he had seen the one I am doing.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Interesting day.

Pedalled in through the slightly less gloomy than last week suburbs. Watched some beardy tw@ clip the back of a bus and lose something off his bike.

Got lots of emails. Got one email from a shady character claiming to work for a car company and wanting to go for a beer in Bromley. The fact that it was 'a beer' (singular) made me suspicious for a start :)

Now chilling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Interesting day.

Pedalled in through the slightly less gloomy than last week suburbs. Watched some beardy tw@ clip the back of a bus and lose something off his bike.

Got lots of emails. Got one email from a shady character claiming to work for a car company and wanting to go for a beer in Bromley. The fact that it was 'a beer' (singular) made me suspicious for a start :)

Now chilling.

Was it Vtech?
  • veronese68
    Garry H wrote:
    Was it Vtech?
    Whilst I am always up for a beer or five it certainly wasn't me.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:

Was it Vtech?
    The clue's in the beer...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Was it Vtech?
    Can't be TLW, he doesn't know the meaning of a beer.
  • pinno
    The email could be from a disgruntled ex minion. You only need 1 drink to put Rohypnol into.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Was it Vtech?

We didn't sell enough parts today to afford more on expenses
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Was it Vtech?

We didn't sell enough parts today to afford more on expenses

I thought you were in the 'Liability' column?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Was it Vtech?
    That's what made me suspicious.
  • tlw1
    I've been good, no ale today and only 2.5 pints yesterday - it would have been none, but as I dropped the mother in law off at home she realised she had left her keys at our house (an hour away) so firstly I had to ring my parents and tell them it was 11 for dinner and not 10 and secondly - well we had a baby sitter so it would have been rude not to go to the local
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Was it Vtech?
    That's what made me suspicious.

One with you and then back to the utopia spa :)