Bianchi Oltre XR1

smoggysteve
smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
edited February 2017 in Your road bikes
New bike arrived. Replacement for my beloved Sempre Pro which was fatally wounded in action on NYE. 2015 model but it's getting stripped down and getting everything new.

31797012603_779de8f42e_c.jpg

Nothing has been setup on it yet as its fresh out the box and a quick wipe down while checking for issues.

New setup will be

Full Ultegra 11
Carbon aero handlebars
Campagnolo Bullet 50 - New Decals
Fizik Arionne R3 Carbon rail Saddle.
Speedplay Zero
Slammed Stem

Don't care about any bumpf about Shimano on a Bianchi .I need it for the power meter so thats that. Can't ride due to injury right now so gives me plenty of time to rebuild it properly.

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    There you go - improves the visual impact IMHO

Nice looking bike BTW - should fly when you've completed the upgrades.

Hope you recover soon. I'm in the same boat having come off on black ice 10 days ago - twisted back muscles + possible cracked rib. Bike survived reasonably well - rear mech took most of the impact but still seems OK - just need to give it a fettle to get the gears back in order.
  • smoggysteve
    arlowood wrote:

Hope you recover soon. I'm in the same boat having come off on black ice 10 days ago - twisted back muscles + possible cracked rib. Bike survived reasonably well - rear mech took most of the impact but still seems OK - just need to give it a fettle to get the gears back in order.

Cheers. Was about to do that but it's a pissabout on an iPhone . Hope you recover soon too
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    that's bloody lovely ... I have a strong penchant for Bianchi bikes .. one day I will own one .... but for now I will have to make do with the polo shirt :D
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    She is looking very good Steve, you cannot beat a Bianchi, especially if it's Celeste
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Not sure about the purple accessories though
  • smoggysteve
    Alex222 wrote:

Hey. Say what you want about the bike but in no circumstances do you criticise my mitts.
  • That's a nice looking steed and I'll be watching the rebuild with interest
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Alex222 wrote:

clearly someone that doesn't commute in all weathers.

keeps your hands warm AND dry in any weather, rubber so can grip easily if you do any off-road on your commute AND heat resistant so you can carry your Greggs coffee and sausage roll without scalding your hands.

The commuter-maxi all purpose purple warrior glove
  • smoggysteve
    fat daddy wrote:
    Alex222 wrote:

keeps your hands warm AND dry in any weather, rubber so can grip easily if you do any off-road on your commute AND heat resistant so you can carry your Greggs coffee and sausage roll without scalding your hands.

See. This guy!! He gets it
  • benws1
    benws1 Posts: 415
    Very nice bike OP.

I currently own a 2004 ML3 Alu which is attached to my turbo trainer. If and when I hit my weight goals (get down to 15 1/2 stone), I'm treating myself to another Bianchi. I'm currently doing the miles on a heavy Raleigh hybrid and something like the Bianchi must be worlds apart. :)

Are the current models still good bikes? I recall that they were good bikes when I bought my last one in 2004. Mine is black, but the celeste is a lovely colour. If I get a new one, it has to be in celeste.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    fat daddy wrote:
    Alex222 wrote:

See. This guy!! He gets it
    I need to give myself a long hard look in the mirror
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    arlowood wrote:

Have a good look at your rear derailleur hangar, chances are it's at least bent. Did something similar awhile back and couldn't figure out why I couldn't fix the shifting. :)
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • smoggysteve
    IMG_0531_zps6zgogyrb.jpg?t=1486160581

Update:

Wheels re-decaled (I may change them for Stealth or White/Celeste ones instead)

New Groupset nearly on. Just waiting on a new BB to allow me to put the chainset on.

Drama with putting a carbon railed saddle on as the clamp will only accept an alu rail. Will have to get on to Bianchi for a solution.

Will take it in to a shop for the steering tube to be cut. I have ran out of blades to do it myself so may as well just get it done elsewhere.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Utterly lovely with the deep rims - good to read that the stem is getting chopped off as well.

Top work that man.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • smoggysteve
    Utterly lovely with the deep rims - good to read that the stem is getting chopped off as well.

Top work that man.

Are you doing any ACRRS events this year?
  • Matthewfalle
    Not sure - being posted away in the summer so just awaiting final dates for them and trying to get personal bi-cycle training sorted so I don't look like a fat fool in any events I do manage to get round to.

Hopefully a couple of duathlons under AMS colors over the next few months but apart from that nothing in stone.

How about you? Would be good to meet up and crush insolent dolts from lesser cap badges....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • smoggysteve
    Hope to race. Seen the dates on Moss but not sure when and which races I could attend. Got a busy job now and I'm still recovering from cracking 2 vertebrae after a guy walked out into the road into my path.
  • Matthewfalle
    I'll have a look on Moss and see what's what. My lot are pretty good about people cutting away for sport, so shouldn't really be a drama but things are getting hectic - too many roles to fill, not enough people who know what they are doing to fill them: you know the score, it's the same everywhere.

Rubbish to hear about the back - best of luck getting all ok after that. How's it feel training at the mo'?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • smoggysteve
    How's it feel training at the mo'?

Not been on the bike since it happened last year. Hope to start doing something soon. Climbing the walls ATM. At least I have time to do stuff like build up bikes. Considering sticking the old Veloce onto my wife's bike. Bit of an upgrade from 9sp Sora that's on there now.
  • Matthewfalle
    That sucks - so frustrating to say the least. Agree that building bikes will be one outlet for pent up pedaling but so frustrating as well. Just wait for this foul weather to calm down so you don't take a tumble/get fatal man flu fatal flu. It's like Ebolaids but worse.

Yeah - whack the Campag onto Mrs SS' bike - definite upgrade. Race the Bianchi next season, get back into the flow.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • smoggysteve
    whack the Campag onto Mrs SS' bike

How did you know my wife is German?
  • Matthewfalle
    By your b/r user name of course ... obvious, innit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • smoggysteve
    CBA82B3C-2675-4F93-81E5-448A414D5325_zpswclfrt9x.jpg

Nearly done now.

Things left to do are cut steerer, Fizik Arionne on when I get carbon rail adapter, and put power meter on. Taking too long. I used to be able to build a complete bike in a day. Has been frustrating getting the time and all the parts at once to finish this one but it'll be worth it in the end.