Which. Forks

the big bitch
the big bitch Posts: 68
edited January 2017 in MTB buying advice
Made up my mind which full sus to get in March but I have a choice if 4 forks, would a novice riding be able to tell the difference between the 4

The forks
Yari RC 150mm
Pike RC 150mm
Pike RCT3 150mm
Lyric RCT3 160mm
Riding Peak District and dalby most of the time.

Cheers

Comments

• dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    What bike are they going on? They pretty much go in ascending order of quality as you've listed them.

Yari has an inferior damper and the rc models have less adjustment. Lyrik is heavier than a pike but arguably the better fork.
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • dusk wrote:
    What bike are they going on? They pretty much go in ascending order of quality as you've listed them.

Yari has an inferior damper and the rc models have less adjustment. Lyrik is heavier than a pike but arguably the better fork.

They will be going on the new bird aeris 145.
    I will sack of the yari then. I have the pike rc 140 on my bird TR now and Iam not sure I would know the difference when riding. The lyric and pike RCT3 are £65 more than the pike rc.

Cheers
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The RCT3 has a better compression damper (same rebound), whether it's worth the extra depends on whether you can set it up properly and how/where you ride. It would cost you a lot more than that difference to upgrade later though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    The RCT3 has a better compression damper (same rebound), whether it's worth the extra depends on whether you can set it up properly and how/where you ride. It would cost you a lot more than that difference to upgrade later though!

That's the thing not sure It would be set up properly well not at first anyway but I suppose I might as well get the RCT3 after all it is only £65

Cheers rookie