...and now is the Sunday of our discontent, made glorious summer by this son of carbon...

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,196
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks.

Just tying up a few loose ends having sorted the OH with poached eggs and general toots duties which is only a foil to earn Brownie points so that I can go out pedalling in sunshine*.

*No it is, i'm not lying.

Muesli has been consumed but chocolate gateaux or Christmas cake would have been better.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    The hound is snoozing on my feet so that's a good excuse not to do anything for a bit. Must get round to booking the accommodations for our long weekend away in 2 weeks time, but need Strifey to say she likes one of my choices :roll:

Have an interview this week but have already decided I'm not really interested but it'll be good practice and may be a bit of leverage at the current place if they put the pay band in an e-mail. Bit naughty but WTF.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been had. A touch moist out there today, I think that could be my fault as I put a new chain and cassette on the bike last night. So shiny I could see the back light reflecting off it on my test ride.
    I was tempted to answer this in the brexit thread, but thought I'd copy it over here as the answers may be more entertaining.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Tbh I'm not sure why we disagree as much as we do :shock: :)
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I was tempted to answer this in the brexit thread, but thought I'd copy it over here as the answers may be more entertaining.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You're not suggesting I'm argumentative are you? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • *Its warmed up!

*Its pissing down
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Or a wind up merchant. :wink:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    It started off nice and sunny here, but gradually went all dank and misty.

Went for a walk with Mrs Slog and a friend and got lost when we missed a footpath somewhere over the fields. We emerged into a nearby village which was miles from where we wanted to be and fgaced with a long trek back along a busy road with no paths. A phonecall to the son sorted it out, he came and collected us and took us back to the start point :)

Nice move on the poached eggs Pinno, Mrs Slog always gets breakfast in bed at the weekends. I was telling this to a young work colleague one day, and he started taking the p1ss. He was looking very closely at my forehead and when I asked what he was looking for, he said he was trying to see where it said "sucker". I explained that he was looking about 3 feet too high. "Good point" he replied.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Wife's taken the girl child to a birthday party. Was going to go for a walk in the hills with the boy one, but he had a massive benny and is now confined to his room and will miss out on hot chocolate with marshmallows!

Contemplating whether or not to light the fire.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Or a wind up merchant. :wink:
    Me?! :D

The longest thread to my name might have been a bit tongue in cheek mind you :twisted:
  • pinno
    2 hour ride turned into a 3 hour ride 'cos I ended up gassing and putting the world to rights with the abusive welder bloke out in the sticks. He should have a sign over his premises saying "Get your free abuse here". The humourless locals (which form the majority), can't stand him.
    Top quality welder and fabricator though.

Now to see if I can blow an hour before picking toots and OH up from soft play area and pretend I got side tracked.

Laters.
  • Stevo_666
    If anyone thinks their riding has got a bit mundane lately, have a butcher's at this (yes, its downhill MTB but rather impressive - and its in Wales):
    http://www.redbull.com/gb-en/dan-atherton-pov-red-bull-hardline?wtk=outbrain-uk-0057d8a4f96013deed126cd5a281d6e096

Dont think I'll be having a go anytime soon...
  • Garry H wrote:
    Wife's taken the girl child to a birthday party. Was going to go for a walk in the hills with the boy one, but he had a massive benny and is now confined to his room and will miss out on hot chocolate with marshmallows!

Haven't heard the word "Benny" used for years, let alone prefixed with "massive". Cheered me up no end.
    Put the fire on. I did, and it's ace. More beer, and then chicken curry for tea. No work tomorrow as I am using up leave days, so wine later.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If anyone thinks their riding has got a bit mundane lately, have a butcher's at this (yes, its downhill MTB but rather impressive - and its in Wales):
    http://www.redbull.com/gb-en/dan-atherton-pov-red-bull-hardline?wtk=outbrain-uk-0057d8a4f96013deed126cd5a281d6e096

1 min 18 secs in, through the trees; you wouldn't want to hit one at that speed. Easily more difficult than the Arizona rampage, surely?
  • Garry H
    He didn't wave at any of hose bystanders, miserable fecker.
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

Haven't heard the word "Benny" used for years, let alone prefixed with "massive". Cheered me up no end.
    Put the fire on. I did, and it's ace. More beer, and then chicken curry for tea. No work tomorrow as I am using up leave days, so wine later.

Suppose it's lost its context these days. It's certainly of an era :D

Fire's blazing!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

1 min 18 secs in, through the trees; you wouldn't want to hit one at that speed. Easily more difficult than the Arizona rampage, surely?
    True.

The Rampage is more of a freesyle show, this is atrue downhill course. This is trickier not just because its longer and has more 'challenges'.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo thats more Rookie and Rockmonkeys style of riding. Either way someones got big kahoonas. Youngest just said thats easy til he saw the jumps then said perhaps not. Very perceptive for 11 me thinks.
    Also the camera makes things look less steep than they really are so those steep bits in the forest must be scarily steep.

Your lad has a decent preservation instinct, handy for DH.