Anyone ride Reynolds strike slg

paul1000
paul1000 Posts: 190
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi, looking at a pair of these, not sure about the low spoke count though as I'm 80kg and worried they wouldn't be stiff enough.

Comments

• 16/20 is pretty standard for that kind of rim depth. I don't think your weight is a problem. It depends what you are after... these will make you marginally faster... they won't get you further
    left the forum March 2023
  • paul1000
    paul1000 Posts: 190
    16/20 is pretty standard for that kind of rim depth. I don't think your weight is a problem. It depends what you are after... these will make you marginally faster... they won't get you further
    Hi, was looking for an aero wheel I can run tubeless, there are not many about.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Paul1000 wrote:
    16/20 is pretty standard for that kind of rim depth. I don't think your weight is a problem. It depends what you are after... these will make you marginally faster... they won't get you further
    Hi, was looking for an aero wheel I can run tubeless, there are not many about.

DCR and The Cycle Clinic both do handbuilt carbon clinchers that are tubeless ready.
  • Reynolds rims are among the best and safest out there... I think they were the first to test their carbon clincher rims in professional racing back in 2010. The price is not bad! Bear in mind for not much less (700 or so) you get chinese rims with dubious brake track credentials.

Bear in mind a lot of folks buy carbon rims to ride on the flat, but then they like them and take them to the Alps of the Lakes
    left the forum March 2023