friday and the nature of the catastrophe

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,521
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym soon, cafe, wfh a bit, but only a smidge i think

wondering about bishop beesley and the half-eaten chocolate nun, plain or milk?
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning all,

After signing her new contract elsewhere the gf handed her notice in at her job last night, needless to say she found it very empowering and put her in high spirits. Led to a very entertaining evening at least.

So I'm well and truly in the Friday feeling this morning, looking to be an early finish already given what's showing on the system and my pain in the @rse boss isn't in either so one less thing to ruin what's panning out to be a good day lol.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Hope that Friday feeling lingers for you all day LTC.

Got up early me. Dunno why. I'm knackered already. Off to do bus conversion stuff me. Might go very slowly and stop often to eat pastries. Trout washed down with Chablis tonight.
    Now, do I or don't I buy that Castelli Espresso 4 or not...? That is today's big question.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    LukeTC wrote:
    Morning all,

After signing her new contract elsewhere the gf handed her notice in at her job last night, needless to say she found it very empowering and put her in high spirits. Led to a very entertaining evening at least.
    I was promised a booze fulled entertaining evening tonight but the missus has woken up full of cold so that's out the window :(

Managed to bugger the laptop downloading windows 10, should have left well alone. Hopefully I can unfreeze it before the walking dead notices.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Is it Friday already!?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    seanoconn wrote:
    LukeTC wrote:
    Morning all,

I was promised a booze fulled entertaining evening tonight but the missus has woken up full of cold so that's out the window :(

Managed to bugger the laptop downloading windows 10, should have left well alone. Hopefully I can unfreeze it before the walking dead notices.
    Mine just got over a nasty chest infection, making up for lost time perhaps :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Is it Friday already!?
    Feels like it's been a long time coming this week.
  • veronese68
    Did you actually pass the MOT yesterday or did they just confirm you're alive Piña? I must admit whilst being signed off after 10 years of haematology check ups was a good day I kind of miss the reassurance of being told all was fine.
    Drove in today as I have to take a couple of free Mini bumpers home with me. One can be fitted now and the other kept as a spare which will inevitably be needed soon. Being Fryday I will be visiting the cafe later and it's also cake Fryday for the double win. Stopping at the pub with the Mrs on the way home. All I need is for the computers not to go belly up again today so we can get the orders out the door.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Yeah it's Friday and I'm working from home so we can get to the pub earlish doors to meet friends is offset by the wife's company putting everyone on notice of redundancy - bigger all chance of her replicating her pay and flexible child friendly hours :(
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Friday, so no work day for me. Waiting for it to thaw out a bit before going for a ride.

All this pub talk is making me wish I hadn't given up drinking until 18 March.
  • Todays internetting has revolved around finding some free software to rip DVD's so I can watch a film on the plane.

Then I had to watch a jargon free youtube on how to fix the program I found as the film was all over the place and apply little fixes.

It works now but ripping is slowing my PC down so much it's like pulling teeth trying to do anything.

Off to the shops later for prosecco and beer for tonights hot tub party.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Did you actually pass the MOT yesterday or did they just confirm you're alive Piña?

Well, nothing some Duct tape and WD40 wouldn't sort.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Did you actually pass the MOT yesterday or did they just confirm you're alive Piña?

Well, nothing some Duct tape and WD40 wouldn't sort.

At least you don't need the hammer!
  • sungod
    ye gods and little fishes, just saw a clip on the news of may and trump holding hands, hate to imagine what went on in private, but a little sick just came up
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Had an interesting chat with a roofer today, we both had a lot to say, we were actually speaking the same Portuguese language, but he's from up t'north so neither of us understood what each other was saying or wtf was finally agreed, we spoke about money and beams and lintels and tiles and cement and skyfish, we shook hands, so that's settled then, fark knows what we have agreed, should be interesting...watch this space :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Had an interesting chat with a roofer today, we both had a lot to say, we were actually speaking the same Portuguese language, but he's from up t'north so neither of us understood what each other was saying or wtf was finally agreed, we spoke about money and beams and lintels and tiles and cement and skyfish, we shook hands, so that's settled then, fark knows what we have agreed, should be interesting...watch this space :D

Oooo, pics please. This should be fun. Well the post made us giggle, might be something to do with the Chablis.
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Oooo, pics please. This should be fun. Well the post made us giggle, might be something to do with the Chablis.

Difficult to get a really representative photo but here's one of the vigas madeiras, ripas, telhas, e skyfish :D

DSC04759.jpg

DSC04665.jpg
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I can see a bear playing the recorder no hands at the start of the song YMCA.
  • pinno
    I can see tiles; thousands of them and lots of new wood to straighten it all up. F*ck.
  • team47b
    I only showed you the easy bit :shock:
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    I only showed you the easy bit :shock:

b398947204b5f3b49285bdf13dee595c.jpg
  • team47b
    Nah, just needs a coat of paint, it'll be fine :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Evening lycra lovers,

Bit tired - back from Wales having avoided any crashes but finished coated in mud. Bit of washing needed tomorrow...hopefully the pics came out OK :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening lycra lovers,

Bit tired - back from Wales having avoided any crashes but finished coated in mud. Bit of washing needed tomorrow...hopefully the pics came out OK :)
    We expect pics of you flying majestically through the air 2inches of the ground. :D
  • veronese68
    With both wheels that high Seano?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Veronese68 wrote:
    With both wheels that high Seano?
    Only if the rubber side is pointing up...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    Rumour has it there is a picture of stevo somewhere 'getting some air' with his front wheel fully off the ground! :o
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Rumour has it there is a picture of stevo somewhere 'getting some air' with his front wheel fully off the ground! :o

I just don't believe it. If it's true, he must be a dare devil of global significance and I take it all back.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    The suspense must be killing you lot :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]