Best way to sell a bike

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited January 2017 in Road general
What's the best way to sell a bike ? Brake it down and sell the parts or sell it as a whole? .... with high value bike I find that not many people will spend the money on a second hand bike sometimes for obvious reasons warranties etc ..... reason I ask this question is that I'm thinking of selling my de rosa super King now I don't really want to strip it down and sell the parts over x amount of time but more than likely it would come down to that .

How have you guys sold your bikes on recently

Here is my bike what Do you guys say?

8E325316-F6B2-4EB5-9BB8-43B90EA91B6B_zpsohgflwlp.jpg
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,134
    In my experience second hand components sell for a far better percentage of their original value than second hand bikes. So by breaking and selling in bits you should get more money. It's obviously way more hassle though, and you run the risk of not selling everything. Though when I have done it I transferred some of the parts onto another bike, making financial calculations quite difficult!
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    How much do you want for it?
  • pinches
    pinches Posts: 80
    I always sell mine off in parts through forums and anything left over i chuck on ebay at 99p.
  • sigorman85
    How much would you pay for it
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    sigorman85 wrote:
    How much would you pay for it

ah if that's the answer then I think ebay is probably the best solution at selling it ..... everyone else will want a price
  • sigorman85
    Probably wouldn't take under 2200