thursday and already the uzi needs reloading

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

after effects of sleep deprivation and jet lag are stubbornly lingering, missed gym again this morning

wfh cafe

nippy again, rain forecast for weekend riding, bloody typical
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    As it’s Thursday the traditional Thursday morning mild hangover is in evidence, but probably not as bad as Bartman’s. What was he on last night? One of my customers had put some money behind the bar in my name so a few glasses were raised in his direction. I must be doing something right then, really should work out what. Didn’t hear any explosions after the road closure last night so I guess all was well.
    It was a bit warmer riding in this morning, not too much ice around which was nice. Hoping for an uneventful day in the office today. Second cup of tea has been drunk, now waiting for someone to make me a third.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    As it’s Thursday the traditional Thursday morning mild hangover is in evidence, but probably not as bad as Bartman’s. What was he on last night? One of my customers had put some money behind the bar in my name so a few glasses were raised in his direction. I must be doing something right then, really should work out what. Didn’t hear any explosions after the road closure last night so I guess all was well.
    It was a bit warmer riding in this morning, not too much ice around which was nice. Hoping for an uneventful day in the office today. Second cup of tea has been drunk, now waiting for someone to make me a third.
    I've seen his testicals and now his wife's @rse. Did I miss anything else?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Nothing much happening today, not that i'm complaining. Winding down as we inch towards the end of the week.

Gf just signed a contract for her new job so she can finally get out of the place she's in now. Bit more money too which is always welcomed. Although I can see it all going on more atrocious coats and shoes. Then again, she probably thinks that every time I say I've ordered new bibs or something.
  • Wine Wednesday struck again last night but I'm feeling suprisingly well!

My personal shopper is collecting me at 1 to go find a shirt for the weekends shenanigans, over seeing a hot tub installation this evening and cooking some steak.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    HD, pimping up brothels for years. What a job.

Have to sort some sh1t and then off to Dumfries for the annual MOT at the Haematology department.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Pinno wrote:

Have to sort some sh1t and then off to Dumfries for the annual MOT at the Haematology department.

Laters.
    All best for that.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Those blood tests can be tricky, I hope you crammed last night :D

It's raining! Wahey! They (the wizards) reckon it will do it again tomorrow too!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon

No frost here just bleeding cold which was weird office heating also appears to be broken or they are trying the new Baltic setting. Main point of the day has been choosing which takeaway option for tomorrow so looks like its a Chinese at the moment.
    Minor risk of doing some work later so we shall see what happens on that one.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Step83 wrote:
    T'noon

No frost here just bleeding cold which was weird office heating also appears to be broken or they are trying the new Baltic setting.

I too arrived in the office yesterday to find the heating being an @rse. Adjacent colleague huddled at his desk in coat, scarf and fleece hat. I too stayed in coat and scarf (I still have some hair) till lunchtime, and had about 15 mugs of tea. The tea served the dual purpose of giving me something to warm my hands on, then 15 minutes later force me out to the gents for a pee and where I got to bask in the hot air from the hand dryer. 24 hour later, it's nearly up to temperature...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Escaping shortly and headed for sheepsville - its going to be a damp and misty one but at least its above zero. Next stop = a pub in the Valleys :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    keef66 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    T'noon

No frost here just bleeding cold which was weird office heating also appears to be broken or they are trying the new Baltic setting.

I too arrived in the office yesterday to find the heating being an @rse. Adjacent colleague huddled at his desk in coat, scarf and fleece hat. I too stayed in coat and scarf (I still have some hair) till lunchtime, and had about 15 mugs of tea. The tea served the dual purpose of giving me something to warm my hands on, then 15 minutes later force me out to the gents for a pee and where I got to bask in the hot air from the hand dryer. 24 hour later, it's nearly up to temperature...

I feel your pain on that though we have those daft dyson dryers you put your hands into the top of. Air temp is a barmy -1c slight breeze so its basically horrid when your in office attire. Dress down tomorrow so least I can loaf in something warm and comfortable.

Also, no more coffees today I had three in an hour went crazy an did some work which made me feel unwell.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Sunny and clear but blimmin' cold - as in all of us wandering around going "its blimmin' cold" before skulking back to our respective buildings and shivering.

Hopefully no ice tomorrow so I can ride in, about to order some chain tugs for the s/s as I'm popping the Spinergys off Dirk on it. I must admit to trepidation about typing the word "tug" into the work computer when shopping for them though ......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Just back from tours of three timber processing plants with some potential new investors. They have been doing due diligence on us all week and this was the only time I was allowed to meet them, I'm still too much of a liability. Luckily all three companies are on the same site and they provided lunch and lots of coffee. First full day leaving the hound at home on his own, I'm expecting to come back to a house full of sh1t and all my stuff destroyed, I really should train the GF better...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Step83 wrote:
    I feel your pain on that though we have those daft dyson dryers you put your hands into the top of.

We have brand new Dyson Airblades and they are ace. Industrial blasting of really hot air; brilliant for thawing frozen extremities.

Heating's apparently working today but I'm still frozen cos I've eaten nothing since 7pm yesterday :(
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    keef66 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    I feel your pain on that though we have those daft dyson dryers you put your hands into the top of.

We have brand new Dyson Airblades and they are ace. Industrial blasting of really hot air; brilliant for thawing frozen extremities.

They are effective but I really can't stand the noise some of those things make
  • pinno
    keef66 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Industrial blasting of really hot air; brilliant for thawing frozen extremities.

Don't give Bartman ideas.

Well, they weighed me, I had blood pressure and I registered a weight on the scales, which confirmed I am not a ghost and this is all real.

Ffffffrikkin cold that end of the county.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Industrial blasting of really hot air; brilliant for thawing frozen extremities.

Don't give Bartman ideas.

Well, they weighed me, I had blood pressure and I registered a weight on the scales, which confirmed I am not a ghost and this is all real.

Ffffffrikkin cold that end of the county.

Aye, tis that.

Drove to work so missus can go and spend my money in a pub with her pals.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Chilly in the Valleys. Luckily a good curry and some fermented apple based central heating seems to be working :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Not indulging in faggots and chips Steve? When in Rome...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chilly in the Valleys. Luckily a good curry and some fermented apple based central heating seems to be working :)

That's one hell of a euphamism for fun and games with the landlady. Well done that man.