Tyre advice - Schwalbe

carvedmarble
carvedmarble Posts: 61
edited January 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm looking to get some new tyres for my commute which is a mix of towpaths and Tarmac.

What is the difference between the Schwalbe g one and big one (CRC sell both) as they both look the same and same size, etc and both are 29x2.35?

I've been using mountain kings while the weathers been gash but like a faster rolling tyre while the weathers better

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    which version of the g-one?

The g-one is the replacement for the big one if you read the schwalbe website, so will look similar!

Is the surface that bad you need a 2.35", I'd suggest something like a 30 or 35mm for your stated use.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Even my WTB Nanos 40mm on my CX I would deem overkill for what you want.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Just after a fairly slick 29er tyre that will sit well on my rims (superstar tactic with 23mm internal width). I had last summer, some Vittoria Voyager hypers but they are a bit narrow for my new rim width I'm led to believe? My last rims had an internal width of 18-19mm if I remember right.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A 30-38mm tyre will be fine on that width rim.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.