Shimano S-Phyre road shoes

johnnymcg259
johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm trying.....and failing....to find a UK supplier with stock of these white model in a 44.5

I've contacted a lbs who say that It'll be June when they get stock. :(

Obviously no point contacting Madison as the UK importers as they're like my ar*e for customer service/advice given previous experiences.

Evans have only full sizes in the flour yellow and all things even.....I'm too fat and too old to get away with wearing 'em in that livery!

All other Google searches fruitless.

I have my heart set on these shoes and a pot of 50th birthday £ to spend...........help me.

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I read somewhere about these being effectively half a size smaller than previous shoes so a 44 may be bettter for you if you can find it.
  • Have you tried Athleteshop.co.uk?
    I ordered some RC7's (next model down form the S-Phyre) from there, they had every size including all the half sizes and wide fit in stock. They're based in the Netherlands so took a few days to get here but arrived when they said they would. Unfortuanlty they didn't got and cost me £18 to send back...
  • gotwood25
    gotwood25 Posts: 314
    CJ Performance Cycles (http://www.cjperformancecycles.com/) got me in a pair before Christmas, they are a Madison affiliated shop and so can pretty much get anything in. Give them a try.
  • I read somewhere about these being effectively half a size smaller than previous shoes so a 44 may be bettter for you if you can find it.

Cheers.
    I've actually tried on both a size 44 and 45 - the 44 was a better fit but once the summer arrives and feet swell a smidgeon then they may be a bit tight, hence the 44.5 option being 'the one'. For the price I want them spot on re fit as they're expensive items.
  • Dan Walton wrote:
    Have you tried Athleteshop.co.uk?
    I ordered some RC7's (next model down form the S-Phyre) from there, they had every size including all the half sizes and wide fit in stock. They're based in the Netherlands so took a few days to get here but arrived when they said they would. Unfortuanlty they didn't got and cost me £18 to send back...

I had a look, thanks.........but they don't stock them
  • gotwood25 wrote:
    CJ Performance Cycles (http://www.cjperformancecycles.com/) got me in a pair before Christmas, they are a Madison affiliated shop and so can pretty much get anything in. Give them a try.

I've dropped 'em a mailing - see if I hear back, thanks for that.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    I read somewhere about these being effectively half a size smaller than previous shoes so a 44 may be bettter for you if you can find it.

Cheers.
    I've actually tried on both a size 44 and 45 - the 44 was a better fit but once the summer arrives and feet swell a smidgeon then they may be a bit tight, hence the 44.5 option being 'the one'. For the price I want them spot on re fit as they're expensive items.

bike24 have the 44 wide in stock, the difference between std and wide on shimano isnt huge, i ve the older r321 and went for the wide in a 44 as the std 45 was just too long and the 44 a tad too tight.
  • gotwood25 wrote:

I've dropped 'em a mailing - see if I hear back, thanks for that.

email received.....out of stock till mid June............ho hum......
  • Dan Walton wrote:
    Have you tried Athleteshop.co.uk?

I had a look, thanks.........but they don't stock them

Have you tried the RC7's? They aren't quite as fancy but they reviewed them very positively on Road.CC. The tester said he found them more comfortable than the S-Phyres. I'll probably try them again in another size.