NFL - Superbowl - Mainly Green Bay Packers

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited February 2017 in The cake stop
Its the NFC and AFC Championship matches this weekend with the winners meeting in Houston in a fortnight for Superbowl 51 or LI as the americans like to label it.

AFC - Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots

NFC - Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons

The perfect Superbowl this year would be Packers v Patriots, with two of the most legendary quarterbacks in the history of the game Aaron Rodgers (Packers) and Tom Brady (Pats). In my opinion Rodgers is an incredibly brilliant and intelligent quarterback. He may not have invented the 'hail mary' but he is probably the greatest exponent of it.

Go Pack Go!

usp_nfl-_nfc_wild_card-new_york_giants_at_green_ba.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C2628px%2C1576px&resize=1000%2C600&ssl=1
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Oh well....

Personally I'm hoping the Falcons do a number on the Pats - Matt Ryan has been pretty under-rated and has had a huge season. Rogers has definitely been carrying the Packers & I'd rate him as a better QB than Brady to be honest. Brady is undoubtedly good, but I'm with Osi on this, he's a good QB, but that's it. Bellichick is the real star in New England - the Pats were winning with QB2 & 3 playing.
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    I'm looking forward to this one. Hopefully these two red hot teams will serve up a classic.
  • mr_goo
    Motogull wrote:
    I'm looking forward to this one. Hopefully these two red hot teams will serve up a classic.

Would have been better with Packers v Pats. But Falcons have been best offence this season, so fair play.

Have you seen the new Falcons stadium? It's like something from a SciFi movie.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • motogull
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Motogull wrote:

Would have been better with Packers v Pats. But Falcons have been best offence this season, so fair play.

Have you seen the new Falcons stadium? It's like something from a SciFi movie.

Its insane.
  • mr_goo
    What a result for the Patriots. Falcons just ran out of steam at the end. Brady the greatest Quarterback of all time without question.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Falcons made the worst play call I've seen in ages going for a pass and not the run. Even if they lost a few yards they could probably have kicked to make it a 2 score game with the clock having ticked. However as the defence fell apart Brady and Co played the way they do, quick and efficient, the Falcons did fall away compared to the 1st half.

New Falcons stadium looks cool, do wonder how it will age
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • motogull
    What an amazing game. It had everything, even a player called Hightower.