Eleven speed cassette interchange?

troj
troj Posts: 43
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm about to buy a indoor trainer. Most come with a shimano free hub body and a campag free hub body is an extra. My problem is my girl friend runs eleven speed shimano and I run eleven speed campag. So is it confirmed that if I put a shimano 11 speed cassette we can both use the trainer?
Regards
Troy

Comments

• meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Yes. 11-speed Shimano and Campag (and SRAM) cassettes are compatible.

To be honest, when I last ran SRAM on a Campag cassette it wasn't quite as perfect as running it with the SRAM cassette but that was without any tinkering with indexing etc and it was perfectly usable.
  • troj
    troj Posts: 43
    Thanks. Why would you use a campag cassette with Sram? They are so overpriced compared to sram and shimano cassettes.
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Presumably because he had a Campag wheel? I have both and swap fairly regularly; not really had any issues with SRAM cassette on Super Record, or Campag cassette on Di2, so I'd say don't worry about it.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    I run Campag cassette with SRAM setup, no bother, going to change to Potenza 32/11 with longer derailleur, just wondered if the spacing on this was the same.
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    FatTed wrote:
    I run Campag cassette with SRAM setup, no bother, going to change to Potenza 32/11 with longer derailleur, just wondered if the spacing on this was the same.
    All 11-speed road cassettes from all vendors are sufficiently close in spacing to be interchangeable.