Ms Gina Miller

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,474
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
mmmmmm. It seems to me Ms Miller has shown personal qualities that are lacking in the upper echelons of the mainstream parties.

She's put her money, physical well being and reputation on the line for a simple personal conviction. And she didn't have to do it.

Can we swap May for Miller? I'm sure she'd happily cull the weak, corrupt, thick and ineffective Ministers & MP's
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    According to the comments on the BBC Facebook page she's 'a foreigner and should be deported for killing the democracy of the people' or words to that effect. Those pesky courts have been upholding UK law again, I mean, I thought brexit meant Britain should be about British
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Slowmart wrote:
    Can we swap May for Miller? I'm sure she'd happily cull the weak, corrupt, thick and ineffective
    Ministers & MP's
    I'd be all for it, others may not see it that way.
    HaydenM wrote:
    According to the comments on the BBC Facebook page she's 'a foreigner and should be deported for killing the democracy of the people' or words to that effect. Those pesky courts have been upholding UK law again, I mean, I thought brexit meant Britain should be about British
    Brexit is all about restoring a British parliamentary democracy, except when it's inconvenient. It's the will of the people, and some of them are prepared to have a civil war to force said will on those that don't agree. I'm sure it will be far from civil. See comments 9, 10 & 11 in this.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Brexit is all about restoring a British parliamentary democracy, except when it's inconvenient. It's the will of the people, and some of them are prepared to have a civil war to force said will on those that don't agree. I'm sure it will be far from civil. See comments 9, 10 & 11 in this.

seems to confirm that some* brexiteers are liars or simply ignorant, the wilful misrepresentation by some* sections of the press and some* politicians is especially sickening as it directly undermines our democracy and incites hatred

* please note the use of the word 'some', there's nothing wrong with honest and informed disagreement, it's the lying/ignorant who are the problem
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I've just spent a little while scrolling through the Britain First FB page which is linked on there. I mean this to be in no way derogatory to sick people but some of these posters must be mentally ill? I'm not quite sure how so many people could so catastrophically misunderstand the world.