Last World Tour Team to Win 2017

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,137
edited June 2017 in Pro race
Now racing has begun, it is time guess which World Tour team will be the last to win a race in 2017.

(By win I mean any UCI registered road race categorised .1 or above. Victories do not include national championships or classification jerseys (points, KOM, etc))

Last year's champions were Giant-Alpecin (now Sunweb), who didn't win until May 6th - the car crash didn't help.

(I'll guess Cannondale)

WINNERS: Astana

Winners so far
17 Jan Orica (Ewan)
18 Jan BMC (Porte)
23 Jan Quick Step (Gaviria)
25 Jan Bahrain (Navardauskas)
26 Jan Lotto-Soudal (Greipel)
27 Jan UAE Abu Dhabi (Costa)
29 Jan Sunweb (Arndt)
29 Jan FdJ (Vichot)
29 Jan Trek (Mollema)
1 Feb Sky (Van Poppel)
2 Feb Katusha (Kristoff)
4 Feb Movistar (Quintana)
17 Feb LottoNL-Jumbo (Campenaerts)
18 Feb AG2R (Dumoulin)
23 Feb Dimension Data (Cavendish)
26 Feb Bora (Sagan)
24 March Cannondale (Skujins)
17 Apr Astana (Scarponi)

World Tour Winners so far
17 Jan Orica (Ewan)
18 Jan BMC (Porte)
29 Jan Sunweb (Arndt)
23 Feb Dimension Data (Cavendish)
24 Feb Quick Step (Kittel)
25 Feb UAE Abu Dhabi (Costa)
4 Mar Sky (Kwaitkowski)
5 Mar FdJ (Demare)
6 Mar Bahrain (Colbrelli)
9 Mar Lotto-Soudal (Greipel)
7 Mar Bora (Bennett)
11 Mar Movistar (Quintana)
6 Apr LottoNL-Jumbo (Roglic)
25 Apr Trek (Felline)
1 May Katusha (Kristoff)
18 May Cannondale (Talansky)
9 June Astana (Fuglsang)
15 June Ag2R (Pozzovivo)
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• UAE are just a nothing team, I can't see them getting anywhere near a win for a while (although they will be forced to send their strongest team to the Tour of Abu Dhabi in Feb)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    UAE are just a nothing team, I can't see them getting anywhere near a win for a while (although they will be forced to send their strongest team to the Tour of Abu Dhabi in Feb)

Agreed. But they'll reaaaallllly be gunning for Abu Dhabi
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Cheque book out ;)
  • Cheque book out ;)

*hides my dirhams*
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Cheque book out ;)

*hides my dirhams*

williams.jpg?w=640
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    UAE are just a nothing team, I can't see them getting anywhere near a win for a while (although they will be forced to send their strongest team to the Tour of Abu Dhabi in Feb)

You say that but they have a few sprinters who can win, Langkawi record stage winner Guardini, Swift, Consonni, Modolo, Kump...

Cannondale's best chance of a win appears to be Wouter Wippert. And he's not exactly a greyhound.
  • archieboy
    archieboy Posts: 1,293
    Joelsim wrote:
    UAE are just a nothing team, I can't see them getting anywhere near a win for a while (although they will be forced to send their strongest team to the Tour of Abu Dhabi in Feb)[/quot

Cannondale's best chance of a win appears to be Wouter Wippert. And he's not exactly a greyhound.

Ignore Sep at your peril.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Bora - Peter Sagan to finish 2nd in every single sprint up until the world champs when he wins again out of nowhere.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    archieboy wrote:

A man who has won six races in nine seasons as a pro. He's not exactly a banker.
  • I think Cannondale might just blag one as will Jumbo.

Not going to be pretty though.
  • RichN95.
    I think Cannondale might just blag one as will Jumbo.

Not going to be pretty though.
    Jumbo have got Groenewegen. He'll pick up a win somewhere quite early I expect.
  • Would be quite amusing if Sky failed to win anything until July, unlikely to happen, but just think of the conspiracy theories that would be dreamt up.
  • RichN95.
    Would be quite amusing if Sky failed to win anything until July, unlikely to happen, but just think of the conspiracy theories that would be dreamt up.
    Apart from Froome, they don't really have a 'banker' - just options in most races. And if Froome doesn't win anything in Australia, he probably won't win until May.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    RichN95 wrote:
    Would be quite amusing if Sky failed to win anything until July, unlikely to happen, but just think of the conspiracy theories that would be dreamt up.
    Apart from Froome, they don't really have a 'banker' - just options in most races. And if Froome doesn't win anything in Australia, he probably won't win until May.

I suppose they could win anything or nothing. The nearest you get to a banker is a top sprinter and maybe Viviana is quite there but he should get something.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Cannondale for me.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • andyp wrote:
    archieboy wrote:

A man who has won six races in nine seasons as a pro. He's not exactly a banker.

I went with Cannondale, can we agree this year that now Sep is back there, that he will never win a monument.
  • rick_chasey
    andyp wrote:
    archieboy wrote:

I went with Cannondale, can we agree this year that now Sep is back there, that he will never win a monument.

preview-hoste.jpg = 1600811320.jpg
  • RichN95 wrote:

Certainly is a banker :P

Ok, moving on, I reckon Cannondale will be the Lanterne Rouge
  • joelsim
    RichN95 wrote:

Not sure that Froome is racing in May Rich. :P
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Not sure that Froome is racing in May Rich. :P
    When's Romandie? That's usually when he gets his first European win.

(Ah. It's the last week of April. I thought it extended into May a bit)
  • rick_chasey
    Or Tour of Oman.
  • inseine

UAE out of the blocks sooner than expected as Costa wins Alto Colorado stage in San Juan
  • inseine
    Not the thoughest of competition with 40 year old doper Savilla in 4th
  • Giant off the list, unsurprisingly. Arndt edging out Meyer in the last metres in the Cadel Evans race.
  • RichN95.
    Half of the teams have already registered a win and it's not even February.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Latest update:

teamvictoryrankings6feb2017wt.jpg

10 wins for Quick Step :shock:

Courtesy of Inner Ring's excellent blog here http://inrng.com/2017/02/team-victory-rankings-2017/
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Cannondale for me.

Agreed, they are the worst, who knows how the keep their sponsorship, although I guess that's why it keeps changing.
  • RichN95 wrote:

Team Vaughters still keeping up their end of my bargain with them, with no knocks on the board yet
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Latest update:

teamvictoryrankings6feb2017wt.jpg

10 wins for Quick Step :shock:

Courtesy of Inner Ring's excellent blog here http://inrng.com/2017/02/team-victory-rankings-2017/

How the blazes.... :shock:
  • joelsim
    RichN95 wrote:

Team Vaughters still keeping up their end of my bargain with them, with no knocks on the board yet

The only WT team without a podium in 2017. According to PCS tweet this morning.