nippy out, wfh, cafe etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Luke,
    Fat daddy,
    HaydenM. Shame on you all.

Testicles are dropping back into place nicely after the chilly ride in. A tricky day of subtle work avoidance awaits. Roll on home time.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    seanoconn wrote:
    Luke,
    Fat daddy,
    HaydenM. Shame on you all.

Testicles are dropping back into place nicely after the chilly ride in. A tricky day of subtle work avoidance awaits. Roll on home time.
    1441.gif
  • benws1
    benws1 Posts: 415
    Due out on the bike later when I get home (6ish). First time since Saturday as been feeling quite tired. Will see how the legs feel.

Looks like a change in weather is coming. Going to be a little warmer with more wind for Lincolnshire.

Just got to get through another day in the office before the fun beings though.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, not sure which to post in!

Nippy walk in this morning, bit of mist floating around nothing much else to report
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    :oops:
  • seanoconn
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, not sure which to post in!

Nippy walk in this morning, bit of mist floating around nothing much else to report
    The earliest thread of course. You have chosen wisely, unlike the cretins we won't mention.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I just went with the one with the most posts at the time/I wanted to reply to Luke. It wasn't my fault, I promise!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    seanoconn wrote:
    The earliest thread of course. You have chosen wisely, unlike the cretins we won't mention.
    Seano is right, SG was ahead by a minute.
    Quite nippy this morning, but not as cold as yesterday when I left the house. Breezed through lots of irate drivers stuck in traffic caused by roadworks on the one way system, I always enjoy that. Freezing fog in the park then froze the smile on my face and it's only just thawed out. Not completely dark when I got to work, spring is coming. At least I hope it is.
  • LukeTC
    HaydenM wrote:
    I just went with the one with the most posts at the time/I wanted to reply to Luke. It wasn't my fault, I promise!
    Hey, I think you left your dagger in my back :lol:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman wrote:
    Some bitching today, will endeavour to post earlier in future if sungods not up early. Not my fault we posted at the same time because you lazy slackers hadn't.

I blame Wiggle
  • seanoconn
    oxoman wrote:
    Some bitching today, will endeavour to post earlier in future if sungods not up early. Not my fault we posted at the same time because you lazy slackers hadn't.
    You are excused oxoman, it's an honest mistake and we've all been there and failed at some point. You will be granted an honourable Solution.

9DE4C2F7-0394-4694-957B-10013E3E3B3A_zpsltrtdzop.jpg
  • LukeTC
    seanoconn wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    You are excused oxoman, it's an honest mistake and we've all been there and failed at some point. You will be granted an honourable Solution.

Jesus I actually spat coffee :lol:

"Oxoman-san, you have brought great shame and dishonor to this forum"
  • seanoconn
    LukeTC wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

:lol:
  • veronese68
    oxoman wrote:
    I will happily commit seppuku if It appeases the cycling gods. Second thoughts I'm not leaving my bikes to little oxo he doesn't look after things properly.
    Or worse still your Mrs sells your stuff for what you said it cost.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,153
    LukeTC wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

I actually have to deal with some of this sort of stuff at work. Quite amusing as long as I can go against my nature and be too polite :)

Hired another minion today - well she hasn't signed on the dotted line yet but it's only a matter of time :twisted: Unlike that slacker Seano she seems to be a hard grafter. I even got the other minions to do the hiring (technically she's a minions minion) so double win time :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    oxoman wrote:

exactly, they all moan, but do they make the effort?
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

exactly, they all moan, but do they make the effort?
    Some people have work to do :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pfft!

parallel processing matey, or get more minions :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That they do. But whilst I was working you were stuck on a train and moaning about it in CC. :P
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Lots of games and not fun ones today. Made up for yesterday's suprising lack of movement by parking the car on the other side of town and walking across

Wonder if tonight will be dry again
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That they do. But whilst I was working you were stuck on a train and moaning about it in CC. :P
    There a subtle difference between starting early and working hard :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    pfft!

parallel processing matey, or get more minions :)
    I'm working on that - quite successfully :)

However it also helps to make sure I appear as indispensable as possible :twisted:
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There a subtle difference between starting early and working hard :wink:
    If I actually pulled my finger out and worked I'd make my colleagues look even worse, I let the sales figures talk for me.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Ok seeking advice, luckily not the dating type.

House purchase - No building regs for the removal of a supporting wall, was replaced https://www.dropbox.com/s/1l86uj5hxtj1idc/House13.png?dl=0

They are willing to provide indemnity insurance

Insurance broker has informed me that most lenders put in a lovely caveat which essentially stops them paying out in the cases of poor workmanship (something without regs) / where there was a known imperfection

They can apply for retrospective certificate and the local council office said they could have someone out as early as Thursday. (though if they find something wrong it could all go very wrong I imagine) The cost is around £130

Thoughts from people:

Do I ask for them to get a Certificate, knowing that time isn't months upon months?

Try and find another insurance company and take the indemnity policy

Walk away (rather not)

other ideas?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    This:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Do I ask for them to get a Certificate, knowing that time isn't months upon months?
    and be prepared to do this:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Walk away (rather not)
  • If they can't get retrospective building regs approved, doesn't that mean the house might fall down?
  • I need a minion to be able to do the following:-

AutoCAD
    Sales
    Weld
    Drive
    Measure
    Speak to customers in a suitable manner
    Manage a small workforce
    Coordinate installations nation wide
    Maintain records for vehicles
    Maintain the works (or command sub-minions to do it)
    Cope with paper work
    Be well presented
    Organised
    Cycle (maybe)

Basically me, but just not quite as good.

Applicants may reply below.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flan, The building inspector will need to open up the plaster etc to inspect the padstone, unless there is excessive photographic evidence to support the work. Even then I'd be doubtfull that they would approve it off that.

Might be able to see from upstairs by lifting the carpet and floor boards...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Spent the day at the contry house painting (emulsion on a roller not watercolours) :D

Back to beach house now and neighbour, 95 years young, hands me a couple of beers, nice neighbour :D

But ring pull bottles are wrong, right?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    Speak to customers in a suitable manner
    To be fair I'm only rude to customers when appropriate.