Road bicycle race school in the UK?

lucaas
lucaas Posts: 3
edited January 2017 in Road beginners
Hello everybody! My wife is interested in road bicycle racing and yesterday I bought her first pro race bike. Now she is looking for any trainers or schools that she can start to train with, and she found a website, but under entry road bicycle racing nothing found. Therefore I must find something. Could you recommend me people for learning?

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    A local club ? Thats what the rest of us do ?
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yepp, clubs are the best way forward and will teach a rider many things. Unfortunately though, the first thing they usually teach a rider is humility :-)
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Unfortunately though, the first thing they usually teach a rider is humility :-)

honestly ??? .... humility "before" cake ..... I think you kid yourself :D;)
  • lucaas
    lucaas Posts: 3
    Oh, yep, forgot about location: York. Just moved here from Manchester and don't know any clubs here
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    spam
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Looks like a solution to a problem that's already been solved. Tell her to join a club, if that intimidates her too much, racing isn't for her.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Guys - the whole purpose of that post was to get hits on the link.
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Imposter wrote:
    Guys - the whole purpose of that post was to get hits on the link.
    I'm inclined to agree with you, link goes to a generic fitness directory website in beta stage.

Either that, or it's someone with too much money and not enough sense (depending on what their definition of a "pro race bike" is :lol: )
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Given York has a race circuit these days which is advertised as a circuit for all and it's also at the top of the list if you google cycle racing York.
    It's luncheon meat.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Yepp, clubs are the best way forward and will teach a rider many things. Unfortunately though, the first thing they usually teach a rider is humility :-)

Humility? Really?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Got to be a trolling thread surely....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D