New forks or whole bike upgrade?

sprinter2012
sprinter2012 Posts: 88
edited January 2017 in MTB buying advice
Currently riding a 2015 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO 650b, but I'm increasingly finding that I just want to do downhill type stuff like I used to on my old Demo 8, so I bought a set of 160mm Pikes to go on it.

Before I fit the Pikes though, am I just polishing a ****? Or should I be looking at something completely different with slacker frame geometry? (that was part of the reason for the fork upgrade)

I'm not trying to make out like I'm 'too good' for the bike, but I just don't want to ruin it trying to ride the same sort of stuff I used to on my Demo.

For reference, I used to spend a lot of time at places like Aston Hill and Chicksands etc. And I'm planning on spending a lot of time at BPW this year.

I'm hoping you will all just tell me that the Stumpy is more than capable of everything except pro-line type stuff and that as long as I'm happy with it being a bit bumpier/twitchier than an Enduro bike like a YT Capra (which is the sort of thing I was considering upgrading to) it will do fine with everything BPW has to offer?
Subscribe on YouTube or follow on Instagram

Comments