Warranty Timescales

colin72blue
colin72blue Posts: 21
edited January 2017 in Road general
Is it just me or is 4 months and counting too long to wait for a warranty to get sorted on a cracked frame?

The short story is that the frame cracked and the manufacturer refused any other option other than to fix it and repaint the bike

The communication has been bery poor throughout the whole process. The last email (almost 2 weeks ago) was that the frame was back in the country).' Seems they are too busy dealing with new customers bikes to worry about me.

I had a warranty on another high end frame a year and a half ago and that was resolved in 3 weeks with various options of what i could have

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    If it was sent back to the far east it would have been sent by sea that's six weeks each way.

I just asked for some spare keys for a motorcycle lock they quoted 6 weeks from the far east as they have to be made by computer in the factory and £15 each, went and bought a UK made Squires high security padlock, keys only £2.50.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • No it went to Europe by plane. A couple of days each way!
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    Which bike make is it?
  • I wont say just yet but its not one of the big ones
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Canyon?
    Happened to a mate and he ended up driving to their centre here and picking his frame up.
    He'd already given up and bought a new bike (different make strangely enough).
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools