I suppose Saturday should start

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks,
Traditional slow start has been had. Now drinking coffee and getting ready to go out. Nice and sunny so a walk by the river before meeting the Mrs in town.

Comments

• Just got rid of a rug rat and now have a few doors to hang.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Just been out back with my chopper, both hands firmly on the shaft, laying into some logs.

Will go for a ride, once it thaws out a bit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    No cheeky chopping for me. Just getting on the gravy train (again) for document procurement.

Toots birthday party later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    No cheeky chopping for me. Just getting on the gravy train (again) for document procurement.

Happy birthday toots! How old?
  • pinno
    edited January 2017
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

My toots was 6 yesterday. It's not her party it's a classmates party. How opportune ? That saved some cash.
    Don't worry, i'll learn to walk and squeak at the same time with the best of the miserable dour tight fisted local populace.
    Seems like you only get respect if you're tight, can drink 50 pints of an evening and still stand up. eat chips all day and wear a football top (of a any religious denomination of your choosing) when it's -10.
  • pinno
    [edit]...speak in words of 1 syllable: Meh, ug, wha?, eh?, fook saik, yoos lot...aye, na! etcetera
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

My toots was 6 yesterday. It's not her party it's a classmates party. How opportune ? That saved some cash.
    Don't worry, i'll learn to walk and squeak at the same time with the best of the miserable dour tight fisted local populace.
    Seems like you only get respect if you're tight, can drink 50 pints of an evening and still stand up. eat chips all day and wear a football top (of a any religious denomination of your choosing) when it's -10.

Mine's six in May and the boy's four next month.

I think the house next to mine's for sale. No football tops over here :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Pinno wrote:
    Sounds like my sort of place :D

aaa9053346fd4b42154e88e29c55ad1b14c0fbf5420d3bdac530d41a1fc24a32.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

And exactly 10 years 'till you need to buy a hockey mask and a chain saw.

Been out, got tyres changed on Strifeys car, bought replacement grommets for the pond pump/filter thingy. Supped a bucket of coffee at Costa. A few more jobs, spot of football and then it's round to next doors for a MILFtastic 40th birthday party this evening :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

after a final round of coma inducing waffle, the globalmegacorp bash has ended and we are free, free, bwahahahaha

went to a pit bbq last night, large meats were consumed together with jalepenos and chips
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Mine's six in May and the boy's four next month.

I think the house next to mine's for sale. No football tops over here :wink:

Is that an invite? Pics please.
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Nice end to the physio session today (other than the additional exercises he gave me) gave me a thumbs up on the progress and told me not to come back for a fortnight, must be doing something well.

Quiet night in tonight, gonna be making some form of curry from scratch I reckon
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Just got rid of a rug rat and now have a few doors to hang.

Does that mean:

Just got rid of a few doors and now have a rug rat to hang.

?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Garry H
    Just back from a glorious ride. I love bright,crisp winter afternoons.

Now pondering whether or not to try out the Brooks saddle i was given by a mate a few years ago. Nowt wrong with my current saddle mind.

What say the collective wisdom of bottom bracket?
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    collective wisdom

bottom bracket
    Two phrases you don't often see in the same sentence :)
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    collective wisdom

bottom bracket
    Two phrases you don't often see in the same sentence :)

Collective mutterings/madness/bollox?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:

Now pondering whether or not to try out the Brooks saddle i was given by a mate a few years ago. Nowt wrong with my current saddle mind.

Which Brooks is it? Some of the better one's are pretty pricey. Mind you, i'd pay a small fortune to get my bony 4rse comfy on a saddle.
    Chuck it on and suck it and see (not literally or you might be mistaken for a local).
  • veronese68
    Garry H wrote:
    Why change to a saddle renowned for taking time to break in if you are happy?
    Unless you enjoy that kind of thing.
  • Garry H
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Just to see what the fuss is all about. It was free, so not that bothered. If it turns out to be a pain in the backside, I know that I can go back to a comfy one.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Which Brooks is it? Some of the better one's are pretty pricey. Mind you, i'd pay a small fortune to get my bony 4rse comfy on a saddle.
    Chuck it on and suck it and see (not literally or you might be mistaken for a local).

It's a Team Pro, like this one
    https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/team- ... GwodoLUO9Q

To be honest, I've never had an uncomfy saddle, apart from the charge spoon, which I think I sold on to someone on here.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Perhaps it puts him in an abusive mood. We've gone full circle.
  • veronese68
    Bizarrely I tried not to be abusive in this thread, would have been too easy.
    To show how personal saddles are I get on quite well with my Charge Spoon, but have several I didn't get on with. Maybe Mr H would like them. Never tried a Brooks. Done fancy spending that much to find I don't like it.
  • Stevo_666
    Spent some of my tax rebate on a new ski jacket as the other one was knackered. Time for a bit of Thai take away before the neighbours party :)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bizarrely I tried not to be abusive in this thread, would have been too easy.
    To show how personal saddles are I get on quite well with my Charge Spoon, but have several I didn't get on with. Maybe Mr H would like them. Never tried a Brooks. Done fancy spending that much to find I don't like it.
    Charge spoon!? Obviously your baby making days are behind you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Spent some of my tax rebate on a new ski jacket as the other one was knackered. Time for a bit of Thai take away before the neighbours party :)

annoyingly i ended up owing the thieving bastards money again, wouldn't be so bad but i really resent funding fuckıng parasite brexit voters, they should pay their own way not leech off london

tried the centurion lounge at dfw, brekkie ok but ffs only one glass of real bubbly per cardmember, one!!! i had to settle for domestic chandon thereafter, which actually was ok

currently in the delta lounge at atl, meh, staying non-alcoholic until onboard and the bubbly resumes

i hear uk is a bit nippy, still hoping to go for a ride on return, seems ages

toodle pip
  • sungod
    ffs guy at the next table is crunching icecubes from his drink

i have zero tolerance for people who make slurping/crunching/snorting noises during food/drink consumption, they should be taken out and shot, in the face, slowly
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Spent...party :)
    ...wouldn't be so bad but i really resent funding fuckıng parasite brexit voters, they should pay their own way not leech off london

I'd say.
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    ...they should be taken out and shot, in the face, slowly
    As this place is the home of pedantry I feel I should point out that bullets are pretty ineffective when travelling slowly.
    Bloody freezing here, get the plane to head south. Going to watch the boy playing rugby tomorrow, standing around in a cold field isn't ideal. I'm going to cycle there but will have to carry a warm coat for standing around.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...wouldn't be so bad but i really resent funding fuckıng parasite brexit voters, they should pay their own way not leech off london

I'd say.

So says a resident north of the border!
    Should we move this to the irony thread? :lol:
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'd say.

So says a resident north of the border!
    Should we move this to the irony thread? :lol:

Please do. In the light of my feelings towards those who voted to leave the EU, I am more than happy to be a hypocrite.
    ...and seen as Cannock is not in the vicinity of London, then you are in the same basket of 'spongers' as the rest of us.

As VN68 pointed out, this is the land of the pedant so I am going to add the fact that most Londoners voted to stay. That's ironic too.