My MTB Training for 2017...some advice?

gontxo_nos
gontxo_nos Posts: 28
edited January 2017 in Health, fitness & training
Hi, I'm not a professional of this hobbie. I really like the MTB and I train to stay fit and perform marathons and stages races.

I know that if I have a personal coach I will get more performance but I like to learn and self-train. Apart, as I said, I do not dedicate myself professionally to it. The training for this year, done by me, is this:

BASE (10 Weeks) - Week 1:

EoQD2Wm.png

The rest of the weeks would gradually increase the time.

BUILD (5 Weeks) - Week 1:

qqKtXok.png

The rest of the weeks would gradually increase the time of repetitions.

INTERVAL TRAINING (4 Weeks) - Week 1:

JHTYiMi.png

The rest of the weeks would gradually increase the series.

TAPER (10 Days) - The 10 Days:

Mp3gTNj.png

Mo38CvM.png

I listen to opinions, suggestions, etc. I hope they are constructive :P. I seek to improve and learn more :). At the moment, I want a one peak of form.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Some help please? :).
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Seems to me you have a lack of Z3 and recovery
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • robertpb wrote:

Why?. Explain me please :).
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    You've not got enough time set aside to drink beer and browse CRC for new bike parts.
  • JGTR wrote:
    You've not got enough time set aside to drink beer and browse CRC for new bike parts.

What? :lol:. Need suggestions about my training plan :P.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    gontxo_nos wrote:
    robertpb wrote:

If you don't understand that you should stop reading Carmichaels book and start looking at other sources.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • robertpb wrote:
    gontxo_nos wrote:
    robertpb wrote:

If you don't understand that you should stop reading Carmichaels book and start looking at other sources.

The training not based on Carmichael, but ok...
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    This isn't the first time you've posted about this. Lack of recovery was the advice given last time. I think you are in danger of overcomplicating it.
  • Don't want to come out as a prick, but if you're this serious about your training and still require advice, I'd suggest you apply for a course or something. Might actually be a great fun and experience, especially if you'd end up riding with different people who are equally dedicated to having complex training programmes.
  • _HENDO_
    _HENDO_ Posts: 93
    Looks very one diemensional as far as training goes.

For marathons and stage races you can't under estimate the importance of nutrition, hydration and bike setup.
    For professional MTB & BMX coaching, training & guiding!
    www.pedaltoprogression.com
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    _HENDO_ wrote:
    Looks very one diemensional as far as training goes.

For marathons and stage races you can't under estimate the importance of nutrition, hydration and bike setup.

I have seen lots of training plans ..... none of them have bike setup days on them :?
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Gary is right about getting skills training - that will give you more confidence and ability in the challenging sections of your routes - and more fun.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: